Reaper Miniatures Kickstarter

Wow right now they are only $10,000 away from the $1.79 million goal. That should be hit in the next hour or so by how fast this thing is going.

Any bets on what they will eventually end at?

I'm in for $2.3 million.

czak

First Post
The griffon and the owlbear are in. next up, ghast, lich, vampire and skeleton knight guy:
KS_GraveDangerReward.jpg

D'karr

Adventurer
Have they given any details about what we can swap Sophie with?

The Sophie miniature is a $25 "option", so you can swap it out for any of the options until you reach $25. I'm going to swap mine out for the undead dragon, for example. I have a friend that is swapping his for the Jabberwock and the Clockwork Dragon.

Come to the dark side! We have cookies and amazing miniatures... you know you want to... Then go over to the thread I started about painting minis and read the advice the others posted there so that you learn how to do it like I am.
Aarrgh! I finally gave in, and went Vampire level, plus a lot of options. But I really did it for the cookies ;)

Now I have to make sure that my girlfriend never finds out about this... :uhoh:

It would be very, very difficult to beat the deal on these paints. You might get lucky to find a one time opportunity at a "Going out of business sale" to beat this price. So yes, you can buy these paints knowing it would be very hard, if not impossible, to get a better deal anywhere.
I have never painted minis before (part of my initial hesitation to pledge in), so I included sets 1, 2 & 3 in my pledge amount. However, I'm kind of worried it won't be enough paint to all those minis...
How many sets do you think will be necessary for, at least, the basic Vampire-level minis?
I'd better go read some painting tutorials between now and next March...

Edit: Also, I've been told in another forum that this won't be possible, but I wish that the forthcoming Reaper Pledge Manager would allow to swap other minis besides the Sophie one. Myself, I couldn't care less for the Chronoscope minis, but would gladly add the Orcpocalypse set, or another one of the big ones :)

Last edited:

D'karr

Adventurer
Aarrgh! I finally gave in, and went Vampire level, plus a lot of options. But I really did it for the cookies ;)

I have never painted minis before (part of my initial hesitation to pledge in), so I included sets 1, 2 & 3 in my pledge amount. However, I'm kind of worried it won't be enough paint to all those minis...
How many sets do you think will be necessary for, at least, the basic Vampire-level minis?
I'd better go read some painting tutorials between now and next March...

I always "thin out" my paints when working with miniatures. I have painted hundreds of miniatures. There are some paints that I have barely used, and some that I have run out of. So there is a possibility that you will run out of paint, but I would not worry about any of that right now. Start small, don't make it more difficult for yourself.

Start practicing, and continue painting, even when the minis look unacceptable to you. Definitely start taking a look at tutorials. Painting is not hard, but it does require practice. You will always be your worse critic. Take it one or two miniatures at a time, relax, and have fun.

-

hagor

First Post

dito... including the significant other part (my wallet is also gently weeping right now)

My (limited) painting experience is already many years ago, but if you should only go for paint sets 1 & 3 you should also be fine (colour selection wise) (these are included in my pledge as well).

I do know that such paints really last long.

Hagor

Remove ads