• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Reaper Miniatures Kickstarter

Alan Shutko

Explorer
I just bought a Reaper Learn to Paint for begginers kit at a local hobby store so I can start learning and practicing by the time I get the first batch in September.

A couple folks in my gaming group, including me, got started with the learn to paint kits. I highly recommend them! You get a great model, brushes, and some paints.

For anyone who hasn't painted minis before, I was extremely surprised by how easy it is to get decent results just by learning a few techniques. It's really easy to get results that look better than prepainted minis. Then, you can either focus on speeding minis up (like my friend who paints big armies) or learning to paint them better (like me). There's always something to learn, but every time I'm happy with what I put out.

Treebore

First Post
A couple folks in my gaming group, including me, got started with the learn to paint kits. I highly recommend them! You get a great model, brushes, and some paints.

For anyone who hasn't painted minis before, I was extremely surprised by how easy it is to get decent results just by learning a few techniques. It's really easy to get results that look better than prepainted minis. Then, you can either focus on speeding minis up (like my friend who paints big armies) or learning to paint them better (like me). There's always something to learn, but every time I'm happy with what I put out.

I used to think since I was "artistically dead" that there was no way I could paint mini's worth a darn. Then I got talked into a seminar by Reynolds at Neon Con for mini painting. I won't win shows, but they look good.

Storminator

First Post
I know I only have myself to blame, but the last ten minutes, the entirely of kickstarter.com would not load. Kept 503ing. So... guess I missed out!

Oh well :( I'll just go play guild wars 2... I don't have a gaming group now anyway T__T

According to this - Reaper Miniatures Bones: An Evolution Of Gaming Miniatures by Reaper Miniatures Reaper will have a post KS pledge manager website! — Kickstarter

You can still get in on the kickstarter, but the options might be more expensive.

PS

SeprenMaelstrom

First Post
It's been a hell of a ride! Totally exciting to come home and find excellent news in my email, every day! The vampire level peaked at over 200 minis. I think I convinced a friend of mine to get in on it, given the deal (he DMs and uses minis, but prepainted; the painting aspect made him wary but I think he caved! :D).

I'm so stoked for when this all really comes out. I just hope that, given shipping itself is free and I didn't directly purchase all these minis... That I don't get attacked with customs charges. Hopefully Reaper will have this stuff in Canada to start with as well!

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Now the six month wait starts... Must not forget to fill out the Bones manager...

Reaper is going to be busy casting up 5+ million plastic miniatures, besides their regular casting work. If Reaper already has 1/3 of it's shipments/sales in Bones miniatures, what will happen when they increase their Bones range by 1250%...

This was by far the best KS that I've been a part of. The value for those minis in the end is unbelievable and even though I upped my pledge much more than I originally thought I would, I still think I came out way on top. I may have some 'splaning to do' when they start arriving en masse at my house though...

Remove ads