• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recommend Me A Tablet, Please

Prince Atom

Explorer
My collection of PDF gaming and game-related documents is growing, and I would like to be able to read them without sitting in front of my computer.

So my genius brain suggested maybe I should look into a tablet. As suggestions from my genius brain go, this one is unlikely to grow my waistline or result in a trip to the emergency room, so I have found it good and just started looking.

My genius brain also suggested -- it's kind of on a roll -- that maybe I could post here and ask very nicely if any of you have had experience with reading on a tablet, and had Opinions about what kind of tablets I might look at, or avoid.

Thank you very much!

(Sorry this is in the RPGs prefix -- I couldn't find anything more general than that!)

I've done pdfs on both a Kindle Fire HD and iPad. The Kindle was easiest as you could just email your pdfs to your Kindle address and it would upload them. For the iPad I use file hosting.

Orius

Legend
I got a cheapo budget Android tab here that reads PDFs fine with the Acrobat app. You probably don't don't need anything fancy if you're just going to be reading stuff on it.

Mallus

Legend
I've got an iPad Air 2 and it's great for reading gaming PDF's, running games at the table (using Goodreader, Evernote, Sketchpad, & dice-roller), streaming video, video game playing, etc., etc. Depending on your tablet-typing tolerance, it's good for content-creation, too. I heartily recommend one -- *if* you think you'd use for more than PDF reading.

If not, the various Kindle tablets are currently at, like, fire-sale prices, and are probably hard to beat.

dracomilan

Explorer
iPad Air 2 64+ GB if you plan to use it as a laptop replacement, Kindle Fire if you just need it for PDFs (and the smaller screen size is not an issue).

Remove ads