Recommend some Techno Music

Angcuru

First Post
I've been looking around for some good techno to listen to, but there's way too much to choose from.

What are some of your favorites?

Torm

Explorer
Falco - the Remix Hit Collection, primarily the remix of "Rock Me Amadeus"
DJ Sammy feat. Yanou - "Heaven"
Cybertribe - anything by them, but especially the "Immortality" album
QED - the album "Mobius"
The KLF - "The White Room - Special Package" (NOT just "The White Room" - that leaves off some good stuff)

That's all I can think of to recommend at the moment. If I think of more I'll post it. :)

Angcuru

First Post
Well, My favorites so far:

Juno Reactor - especially Masters of the Universe

DJ Crack - The Art of Trance - Access of Trance

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Just to be really pedantic, "techno" is a specific sort of music, and none of the stuff mentioned in this thread so far actually is "techno".

I know, "techno" gets used as a synonym for the horrible word "electronica". But it's the same as using "D&D" for any sort of roleplaying game.

This is decent enough (if a bit outdated in some entries) - it has links to other genres

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Techno_music

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_music

Anyway, to answer the original question, you can do a lot worse than going to the various artists section and picking up a compilation at random.

If you actually are looking for proper "techno", I can't help, since I hate it.

If you are looking for trance, a list of favorites would be too numerous for me to list, but I'm quite fond of Suzy Solar's mix cds

If you like disco-tinged house, I've been listening to Hed Kandi's latest "Disco Heaven" compilation cd.

Last edited:

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Anyway, if you are just talking about electronic music in general, I would suggest:

Messiah - 21st Century Jesus
Paul Van Dyk - Vorsprung dyk Technik
BT- IMA

Everyone should own those, IMHO.

Torm

Explorer
trancejeremy said:
Just to be really pedantic, "techno" is a specific sort of music, and none of the stuff mentioned in this thread so far actually is "techno".
You've HEARD all the stuff I mentioned?! Impressive! :D

Also, just wanted to say that I'd have been shocked and disappointed if someone who goes by "trancejeremy" HADN'T posted in this thread. :lol:

Mercule

Adventurer
Personal favorite: Photek -- Ni Ten Ichi Ryu.

If you've seen the original Blade, it's what Frost is listening to in the library.

Edit: According to the wiki article linked above, though, it's almost certainly not techno. I can't imagine dancing to it -- it'd be like a seizure.

Last edited:

Remove ads