• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Record Your Ptolus Pre-Orders Here!

reveal

Adventurer
I think it's a good idea to offer the installment plan. :)

I just think it's weird that a book needs an installment plan, even if it is worth it as this one is.

JoeGKushner

First Post
reveal said:
I apologize, oh cynical one, for making an observation. I'll just crawl back in my hole and hope to, one day, see the sunshine that is your eternal wisdom. :\

Finally you're talking sense!

I think my point is valid though. There's a whole thread talking about Ptolus. This one is pretty specific wouldn't you agree? It's not a question of if the book is expensive or not, just if you've preordered it.

mcrow said:
I have not seen any info relating to this question yet. IMO I doubt we will see these on Amazon. Since they are special signed & numbered books it may be difficult, logistically, to sell through Amazon and such places. I think I did here someplace about being able to pre-order though your FLGS though. So who knows. It was not clear to me whether or not this is going to be limited print run or not so that would factor in. There was a blurb on the Ptolus website about the fact that there will be no other versions printed for Ptolus, so buying a less expensive version isn't likely going to happen. They will be selling it in pdf form so that you can buy it bit by bit. I wuess we will haev to wait and see.

The signed and numbered books are only available through the pre-order deal. I'm not sure if Ptolus will be available at Amazon or other discount online stores ( it probably will ), but if so, it will not be signed and numbered, or come with the 5 free print copies of the Players guide or the free print copy of the new adventure.

Add in that the disk will contain full copies of the Banewarrens and Chaositech as well as soft copies of the players guide handout and other goodies, and it seems like a pretty darn good deal.

If you use it.

Ah, theres the rub for me. I'm on the fence right now...

PS - Sorry for being off-topic Joe ;) - just trying to clear up any misconceptions!

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
arnwyn said:
Because doing so miserably miserably fails a cost/benefit analysis. (Clarification: you only get all the pre-order benefits if you order through that website link that Monte provided, correct?)

Yes, that's my understanding.

Usually, I would also wait until amazon has it, but the pre-order benefits were just too good to pass up.

Is it the expected high shipping-to-Canada cost that kills the pre-order possibility for you?

reveal

Adventurer
JoeGKushner said:
Finally you're talking sense!

I think my point is valid though. There's a whole thread talking about Ptolus. This one is pretty specific wouldn't you agree? It's not a question of if the book is expensive or not, just if you've preordered it.

It is specific and I didn't mean to threadcrap so, if you took it that way, I apologize. Thank you, o cynical master.
bow.gif

Arnwyn

First Post
DaveMage said:
Is it the expected high shipping-to-Canada cost that kills the pre-order possibility for you?
That, plus the straight exchange (Economics mode-on: most books, and many other consumer products in Canada, benefit from the "virtual exchange rate" - they are priced cheaper than US price + exchange), plus the standard discount that I'm used to getting, plus customs.

That all makes pre-ordering it a no-go for this Canadian (which is why I never online order anything, unless it's the rare book that shows up on Amazon.ca).

Last edited:

Shawn_Kehoe

First Post
arnwyn said:
That, plus the straight exchange (Economics mode-on: most books, and many other consumer products in Canada, benefit from the "virtual exchange rate" - they are priced cheaper than US price + exchange), plus the standard discount that I'm used to getting.

That all makes pre-ordering it a no-go for this Canadian (which is why I never online order anything, unless it's the rare book that shows up on Amazon.ca).

White Wolf only ships to Canada via UPS, which costs a minimum of $25 USD. I've since been told by a fellow Canuck that the shipping cost on their preorder was $45 USD.

There is also the currency exchange, which Arnwyn mentioned, and customs ... which brings the whole thing to nearly $200 USD.

HOWEVER ... I posted a thread on Monte's Ptolus board asking if pre-ordered copies could be picked up at Gencon as an alternative to insane shipping costs. He said he's looking into it. That won't help everyone, of course, but it may be of aid to any non-US citizens who are going to Gencon.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads