• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Recruiting) Relic Hunters (All female PCs, Castles and Crusades rules, Tekumel Campaign Setting)

Aimed conservatively for a level 3 character and stocked her with a breastplate. But...can Briony have full plate? Not sure whether the sky is the limit on non-magical gear.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] , to avoid your character getting burned at the stake, I'd say she appeared near Queenie's PC as they were planning on disembarking for Tekumel. Or else drop the fireball idea and she just magically showed up on the ship one day, just as they were approaching the magical 'storm' that bridged vanilla fantasy land to Tekumel
[MENTION=11146]CanadienneBacon[/MENTION] , Briony looks great! Do you want me to come up with more about Rolfe without further inputs, or would you like to add something yourself?

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Trying to work up my character and got a little confused...

How are we generating ability scores? I think I missed that.

Hit points are max or rolled? Missed that, too.

Sorry. :p

Deuce Traveler said:
Do you want me to come up with more about Rolfe without further inputs, or would you like to add something yourself?
Surprise me. I was going to include a sexual escapade gone wrong, but that was merely because I'm at work and lack imagination after lunch.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Trying to work up my character and got a little confused...

How are we generating ability scores? I think I missed that.

Hit points are max or rolled? Missed that, too.

Sorry. :p

From my original post:

"CnC is much like AD&D 1st edition, so it should seem very familiar. Roll three sets of the six attribute scores with 4D6 and drop the lowest. Pick the set you most like, rearrange the attribute scores in any manner you see fit, and maximize the hit points per level. Everyone starts at level 3. You know each other and have been doing this gig for awhile. "

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
[sblock=Zephia Turlan, Human Rogue]

Zephia was a promising young member of a criminal family, the Novarrak Family. She'd been "adopted" into the family from among the homeless orphans that scavenged and picked pockets in the back alleys of the city. Raised by "Uncle" Vitarro, who was everyone's "uncle," Zephia was his most gifted protege and prize pupil.

One Uncle Vitarro's other pupils, Tezzir Novarrak, grandson of the head of the family, wasn't quite as skilled as Zephia, but had the bloodline to cover for it, so to speak. He was also charming and Zephia soon found herself in a strange mix of love, lust, and antagonistic competition with Tezzir as they sparred for Vitarro's approval during the day and regularly found eachother's bedchamber's at night.

As a "graduation" test, Vitarro, well aware of their little affair, sent them on a job together. All was going well until Tezzir fumbled a lockpick and accidentally triggered a poison needle trap that rendered him unconscious. Zephia panicked and fled the scene, leaving Tezzir behind. He was caught, imprisoned, and had his right hand cut off. Knowing the family would hunt her down, Zephia fled the city and soon met Queenie's character and her crew and signed on.

Zephia is vague about her past and avoids getting emotionally involved with anyone, though she has many casual flirtations. On the job, she is efficient, effective, and even a little ruthless - anything to get the job done successfully with as few hiccups as possible.

Zephia is 5'3" and quite attractive, with a dramatic and stylish flair when not working. On the job, she is still attractive, but in a no-nonsense, get-the-job-done fashion, dressed in leather with weapons and whatever tools she needs easily accessible.

Ability Score Rolls

Set 1: 12, 12, 16, 14, 10, 15 - We have a winner.
Set 2: 10, 14, 13, 15, 12, 13
Set 3: 11, 17, 16, 13, 09, 10

Vitals

Class: Rogue
Race: Human
Level: 3
Hit Die: d6
Alignment: Neutral

Hit Points: 18
BtH: +1
AC: 14 (Leather Armor + Dex)

Attributes

* = Primary

Str: 12 +0
*Dex: 16 +2
Con: 12 +0
*Int: 14 +1
Wis: 10 +0
*Cha: 15 +1

Special

WEAPONS: Blowpipe, broadsword, cat-o-nine-tails, cestus, club, dagger, dart, light hammer, hand axe, hand crossbow, javelin, knife, light crossbow, longsword, mace, main gauche, quarterstaff, rapier, sap, shortbow, short sword, sickle, sleeve tangler, spiked gauntlet, sling, whip

ARMOR: Leather armor, leather coat, and padded

Back Attack: +4 to hit, double damage
Cant
Climb (Dex)
Decipher Script (Int)
Hide (Dex)
Listen (Wis)
Move Silently (Dex)
Open Lock (Dex)
Pick Pocket (Dex)
Traps (Int)

Gear, Armor, Weapons

Leather Armor
5 Daggers - 1d4
Short Sword - 1d6
Shortbow + 40 Arrows - 1d6
Thieves' Tools[/sblock]

I didn't do much in the way of gear because 1. I hate gear shopping and 2. I'm not sure what we're going to need. Also, I didn't see thieves tool or anything like that on the equipment lists. Did I miss them?

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I would just add Thieves Tools. I think it may be a kit instead, or perhaps some other type of device referenced in the Player's Manual, so if it is missing from the Quick Start rules it was probably an accidental omission.

I like Zephia. Looks good, and I like the fact that she has Int and Cha as primaries. We have a fighter and thief so far. We do not necessarily need a cleric or magic-user, though, so players should still be encouraged to create whatever character they want.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Sorry I've been absent, crazy holiday hijinks coupled with not getting my notifications there were posts. Boo!

DT, is there a certain class you'd prefer for Miss Richy Rich? I've not attached myself to anything but the general concept. The wild pirate & "acquirer" part lends to Rogue, yet pirate / Indy / Lara Croft all can fight and most are good face characters too.

Remove ads