• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Recruiting] Urban Arcana PBP

Psychic Skeksis

First Post
Hey all. Is anyone out there interested in an Urban Arcana PBP? I've been thinking about perhaps starting something up if there's enough interest (and if I can make the time, which isn't certain yet).

The problem is, I've never run a PBP before. I've been a GM for close to 15 years now, though, so that end of things won't be a problem. But if anyone can give me insight into the nature of PBPs and what all is involved, I would appreciate it.

Basically, I foresee the PCs being minor agents for a government organization that sends them to an abandoned warehouse outside of a major rustbelt city. They are to investigate alleged occult activities in said warehouse...

The game, if it happens, would be heavily X-Files/Dark*Matter influenced, but very much Urban Arcana at its core (remember Lex Luthor's underground luxury mansion in the first Superman film? Think "Drow city"--1/2 mile under a major city).

Anyway, just some thoughts. Feedback appreciated.

LiVeWiRe

ENergetic Comm. Supporter
Definitely interested!

I haven't played d20 Modern or a PBP game, so yeah I'm a total newb!

But, if that's okay with you then count me in! :D

Thanks,

LW

olethros

First Post
Sounds like we'll have a game full of noob PBP players.

So, what kind of character limitations are we going to have? What level will we be starting at?

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
olethros said:
Sounds like we'll have a game full of noob PBP players.

So, what kind of character limitations are we going to have? What level will we be starting at?

I don't think either Brother Shatterstone or myself quite count as n00bs.

psychognome

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
I don't think either Brother Shatterstone or myself quite count as n00bs.
Nor me, kind of. Well, I've played in Kitana Vorr's In Character game before, and I can post on a daily basis as long as I can kick my own butt to the forums every day. :D Still room for one more?

psychognome

First Post
Psychic Skeksis said:
Hey all. Is anyone out there interested in an Urban Arcana PBP? I've been thinking about perhaps starting something up if there's enough interest (and if I can make the time, which isn't certain yet).

The problem is, I've never run a PBP before. I've been a GM for close to 15 years now, though, so that end of things won't be a problem. But if anyone can give me insight into the nature of PBPs and what all is involved, I would appreciate it.

Basically, I foresee the PCs being minor agents for a government organization that sends them to an abandoned warehouse outside of a major rustbelt city. They are to investigate alleged occult activities in said warehouse...

The game, if it happens, would be heavily X-Files/Dark*Matter influenced, but very much Urban Arcana at its core (remember Lex Luthor's underground luxury mansion in the first Superman film? Think "Drow city"--1/2 mile under a major city).

Anyway, just some thoughts. Feedback appreciated.
As for insights into running PbP games... well, I wouldn't know, really, since I haven't ran one myself. But a few quick tips: first of all, be descriptive. When running a tabletop game you might be tempted to rush along with descriptions because you really don't have that much time to spend on it. In a PbP game you can go to town with writing all the detail that's needed, since you don't have to rush it along like in a tabletop game.

So, while in a tabletop game you might want to just say "You hit him for 5 points of damage" in PbP game you can take it to another level... "Your upward thrust catches an open spot in his armor just between his right shoulder plates, and and you can see blood gushing out of the deep cut." Or something like that. :D

I'm in no state to give any more advice at the moment, so I'll just leave it as is.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads