[Recruitment] Battles & Badges: Pokemon 4e Playtest

Rathan

First Post
Don't feel too bad CotG..... I talked to DF the other night and he's not sure he'll have time for the playtest either..... so no worries :/

Camelot

Adventurer
Aw well. If anyone's still interested, a game is ongoing at the Giant in the Playground forums. I'd be willing to start a second game there if we got one or two more folks who could manage it.

Rathan

First Post
I love the idea..... just give it some time Camelot... weekends are a bit slow here you might see some takers today perhaps in replacement to those not wanting or not able to commit :)

Hey Camelot, sorry I never confirmed anything with you. I'm afraid you'll have to count me out, as Rathan said. I'm DMing two games and trying to play in one more. Between all of those, I just don't think I have the fortitude.

Good luck on your game, though. It looks pretty exciting, and I'll check this thread periodically to see how things are going.

Camelot

Adventurer
Thanks for your interest anyway!

I'm not going to give up on this. As long as people are interested, we can play. One of the great things about Battles & Badges is that you can justify having two "characters." One trainer sends out multiple Pokemon in a single fight! So, would the remaining players like to try running multiple Pokemon? Your trainer features apply to all of them.

Rathan

First Post
If you have a close BLAST 3 power... are you able to PICK which 3 squares you effect in front of you.. or is it just a strait like of 3 1x1 squares in the direction you choose starting from the square from said pokemon using the power?

Camelot

Adventurer
It's actually a 3x3 square (so 9 squares) anywhere adjacent to you. So, you affect a large area (the size of a Huge creature) but you might be forced to include some of your allies in the blast unless the power specifies that it targets enemies only.

Rathan

First Post
Power specifically states each enemy in blast.. thank god.... otherwise this pichu power would be a killer on your own party....

On a side note Camelot.. how many pokemon do you want us to make with so few people?

Camelot

Adventurer
I'll let each player decide how much they can handle! Anywhere from 1-3 is fine. We have to 2 players now, I think? 2 or 3, if that's the case, getting a 4-6 Pokemon party, around the average of 5. If there are 3 players, then 1 or 2, maybe 3 if the other two only want one. But yeah, it's up to the individual player's preference.

Remove ads