• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Redclaw's Eyes of the Lich Queen

Redclaw

First Post
The big huts it is (not ready to see any more poison dusks yet? ;) )

Bregan slips into the low-growth jungle, disapearing from the party's sight almost immediately. He travels carefully, taking his time to avoid being seen or heard. After about 50' of cautious movement, he comes to a space where the plants have been cleared down to the ground. Four large huts made of stone and mud, 15 to 20 feet across, sit in the clearing, with a path leading back to the main route to the temple. Sun-bleached bones are scattered about the 10-foot-tall entrance to the structures. Next to the huts, to the southwest, stands a large wooden cage. Two of the large, black-scaled lizardfolk lounge about on the ground outside the huts. Each is within easy reach of a massive spiked club, but they show no signs that they are aware of your presence.

Meanwhile, Talas is moving much more slowly through the jungle, and is still 30' behind Bregan, potion in hand. The rest of the party remains on the path at the entrance to the clearing.

Attachments

• Blackscale Huts.xls
    16 KB · Views: 73

EvolutionKB

First Post
Talas

Talas holds his position, waiting for some sort of signal from Bregan.

[sblock]Can we see if there is anything in the cage? Are the lizardmen sleeping or just being lazy?[/sblock]

Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Bregan carefully heads back to the party, tapping Talas on the shoulder and signaling him to follow quietly.

(Assuming nothing happens on the way back)

"Two black scales, resting in the grass by the huts. I would assume there are more in the huts. It is up to you whether to attack or try the other route. May I suggest, if we attack, setting an ambush a small way into the forest."

EvolutionKB

First Post
Talas

Talas keeps the potion in hand and follows Bregan back. "All of us can't sneak up there, so luring to us in a good idea. I am hesitant to do so much in the forest though. We all saw...I mean...Most of us saw what happened with the poisondusk when they were able to hide in the cover of the trees. Back and forth we went, luckily we were able to cut that last one off before it could delay us enough for help to arrive." Talas pauses at Drekhad's dismissal of an ambush. "I don't think parley is a good idea here, the last one told us to stay away, so how about I make a distraction? If Bregan and I can get close enough to them again, I can make the glowing figure appear. That appeared to make the last one hesitate a little. I could also make a sound like the whistle the poisondusks used last time, though that could turn out bad if they realize it is illusionary. You can do what you need to do from there Drekhad."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Bregan nods in approval of Talas' decision. "I admit my failings in the last battle. If this figure you mention worked last time, there is no reason to suspect that it will not work again. If you are discovered, I shall cover your escape. I can travel far easier in this wild land than you."

Redclaw

First Post
Talas and Bregan disappear once more into the low jungle growth, moving toward the blackscale huts. Drekhad, Alexa and Cholas remain behind to set up an ambush.

How close does Talas attempt to approach?

Where are the other three going to set up their ambush? On the trail?

EvolutionKB

First Post
Talas

Just before leaving Talas makes sure to detail his full plan to the others. He whispers, "Bregan and I will creep through the reeds like before. I'll then create the glowing figure, near the lizardmen, and then move it down the trail towards them. Once you guys do your part, Bregan and I will move off behind them, cutting of their escape." Talas creeps through the reeds, just as slowly as before not as close. Then he begins to execute their plan.

[sblock=ooc]How far are the huts from the rest of the group? Before, we they at the fork on the map(PQ 1/5/16?), or were they off the map? I can move the dancing lights without an action and they can be 150' from me without disappearing. My plan is about to be at the halfway point between the rest of the group and the huts, I'll create the figure in the air, then move it down to the ground and then back down the path towards the group. Once the lizard move past(where we can both move from the reeds, I can be in charging range, and Bregan can be in skirmish range, as well as the same from the other group), we'll move out and try and get surprise on them.) So I have to be 150' away from the lizardmen to start, and want to be able to move it far enough where we can all charge/skirmish as needed, all w/o us having to move while waiting for the lizardmen to close the distance. How do the areas on the map affect combat? Miss chance, decreased movement, line of sight?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads