• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Redclaw's Eyes of the Lich Queen

WakkaWakka

First Post
Wait a second... half-dragon... laid to rest?
"The dragon may be of the worst possible kind - what was that about the guardian being "laid to rest"? Do you think we'll find an half-dragon... or the body of an half-dragon?"
His eyes are shutting to slits as he speaks - a demon's crypt wasn't bad enough... we could be talking of undeads here. The Flame bless us all!

Redclaw

First Post
The Age of Demons was long ago. As long-lived as dragons are, or even their half-dragon kin, they are not likely to still be alive today. I expect that you will find the crypt of a half-dragon guardian, and in that crypt some relics dating back to that ancient time.

Zurai

First Post
"Are there any particular types of relics you are most interested in, or should we just use our judgment if there are too many to safely bring back? 25 words might not be enough to accurately describe what we find. Also, are there any other potential dangers native to the site, aside from the lizardmen?"

Redclaw

First Post
I hope that you won't have to leave anything behind. I am most interested in knowledge, so anything you find with writing or similar communication would be most valuable. Anything you can tell me with the 25 words will help me better answer questions about specifics.

As for other challenges, all I know of for sure is the primitive tribals. I'm sure there will be native wildlife as well.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Talas

"If the half dragon guardian is moldering, we should have nothing to worry about, though we should acquire some holy water just in case undead do lurk about the crypt." Talas then waits around for a moment listening to the replies of their employer after taking his share of the platinum.

[sblock=Knowledge nature]What kind of animals/other wildlife may we run into? Knowledge Nature: 28 [/sblock]

He then steps outside and listens to the shifter speak his mind. He nods his head at his concerns before speaking. "He seems trustworthy enough to me. He may work for a Dragonmarked house or just be an adventurer like us. He seems harmless, but if we uncover any sort of betrayal, I'll be the first to crack his skull. Do you have anything else you would wish to acquire before we set out?"

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=EvolutionKB] With that result you can name a good number of likely creatures lurking in the jungles of Q'barra. A subtropical jungle, it is home to dinosaurs, dire and horrid reptiles, and giant and venemous vermin. [/sblock]

WakkaWakka

First Post
Cholas
When (if?) the duo returns, Cholas suggests some shopping to the (part-time?) archeress - hey, it's for a good cause!

"A templar, back in town, suggested we got some cold iron to deal with demons - and we could be bothering an undead half-dragon demon here.
I'd feel better taking some cold-iron tipped arrows with us. How about a shopping run, Alexa? Weapons require training to change, but adjusting to the new arrows won't be as hard."

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
"I feel the ebb of excitement in my heart. In our path there is a great darkness. As the shadows will it, we should be ready."

(Note that I've been running an entire campaign out of Q'barra at home :p Funny to go to the same place as a player.)

Redclaw

First Post
Shopping might be a bit challenging at this point, as the ship is currently en route to Q'barra. You should be arriving in Adderport in about five days though.

If there's anything you want to do while in transit, let me know.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads