D&D 5E Reincarnation thoughts and problems.

MarkB

Legend
I have a crazy version of this with far too many races, but I also just let anyone who goes for it know that their soul can push a certain way to bias it towards stuff they want. Effectively they can bias it certain ways

or if they want me to drag out the Crazier Options table, I can do that as well. however the crazier options table has. Everything.
The table I came up with for the one time it came up in our Frostmaiden campaign consisted of all the races I currently had access to on D&D Beyond, but the last two entries on the table were "Player's Choice" (choose anything on the table) and "Cost Me Money" (pick a race from a supplement I don't own, then I have to buy the race on D&D Beyond).

I think a better solution (rather than updating the race list etc), at least for me, is the next time reincarnate comes up to have the player being reincarnated come up with a list of 5 races that they ight reincarnate as.

Yes this is metagaming, but I'm ok with that here. It means that the table doesn't ever have to be updated when new races come out. It means that a player is not going to end up with a race that they feel is unplayable. It means that the DM can approve the races that are possible. And, it still can help lead to fun and quirky moments tat bring enjoyment to the game.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I think a better solution (rather than updating the race list etc), at least for me, is the next time reincarnate comes up to have the player being reincarnated come up with a list of 5 races that they ight reincarnate as.

Yes this is metagaming, but I'm ok with that here. It means that the table doesn't ever have to be updated when new races come out. It means that a player is not going to end up with a race that they feel is unplayable. It means that the DM can approve the races that are possible. And, it still can help lead to fun and quirky moments tat bring enjoyment to the game.
This is what I suggested, yes.

Remove ads