• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 2E Release Day Second Edition Amazon Sales Rank

darjr

I crit!
Hmmm not sure that’s a bump or more a refection that appears that other stuff isn’t being bought now after Christmas.

it’s maybe a bit of both. Christmas money and all, but I think steady sellers suffer in sales rank up to Christmas then recover because less “other” stuff is being bought.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Hmmm not sure that’s a bump or more a refection that appears that other stuff isn’t being bought now after Christmas.

it’s maybe a bit of both. Christmas money and all, but I think steady sellers suffer in sales rank up to Christmas then recover because less “other” stuff is being bought.

Some people celebrate gift giving after December 25th, also. Tis a season of commercial activity.

BryonD

Hero

I suspect that it gets a good bump as a "recreational" thing and a "toy" of sorts, thus it gets a bit of bias in the gift giving. And it may also be that a lot of people wanted it but got gift cards instead. Though that could be said for pretty much anything, but cultural shift or not, I bet there is still some % of people who don't want to speak up and ask for "D&D" and/or don't want to be giving D&D. Is that enough to make a difference? No idea. But I don't think ANYTHING really falls off at Christmas (well Christmas tree sales are probably down).

Who knows??? I have nothing but guesses. But I really don't think it is other stuff dropping? Why wouldn't gaming drop the same in that case?

darjr

I crit!
Steady sellers sell a certain amount and do get a bump at Christmas. However so many other things get a much larger proportional bump, just look at the record sales, that the steady sellers “seem” to do worse. Notice those elevated numbers persisted AFTER Christmas. Sales rank is more of an “at the moment” thing.

note the above IS heavy conjecture

darjr

I crit!
Oh, and it happened last year and the year before, and the year before that. This kinda “decline” of the PHB sales rank, and it “recovered” right after Christmas too.

though I must admit I dint have any secret knowledge or insider info.

gss000

Explorer

We're already seeing a slide in the numbers, so i bet this was a temporary gift card spree. Heck, I did the same for a new gaming book.

Side note, I think the results of the poll on this site in another forum topic is another indicator that P2 is havin a slow first year. On a site where I see a lot of positive comments for the system, the results are...meh. Based on other threads, I thought poll answers would be more positively skewed.

I don't visit a lot of other gaming forums, but I'm also surprised by the low number of P2 threads. That's a qualitative data point for me. If this was another game, I would say it might be because there is not enough content yet. However, in a game everyone touts as having more options than 5th ed and better customability, I expected to see more discussion of rules and builds. On non Paizo boards, are people seeing similar lack of conversation?

Philip Benz

A Dragontooth Grognard
However, in a game everyone touts as having more options than 5th ed and better customability, I expected to see more discussion of rules and builds. On non Paizo boards, are people seeing similar lack of conversation?

Why would someone discuss rules and builds in PF2 elsewhere than on the lively and very active Paizo boards? There's not only a lot of volume of discussions, but a lot of very knowledgeable people on there.

FWIW, the French edition of the PF2 CRB just came out. The French editor, Black Book Editions must have enough confidence in the sales value of this thing to have invested in getting it translated.

gss000

Explorer
Why would someone discuss rules and builds in PF2 elsewhere than on the lively and very active Paizo boards? There's not only a lot of volume of discussions, but a lot of very knowledgeable people on there.

FWIW, the French edition of the PF2 CRB just came out. The French editor, Black Book Editions must have enough confidence in the sales value of this thing to have invested in getting it translated.

Community, personalities, value of the opinions, tenor of the conversations, moderator behavior, etc. There are also more conversation topics than what I said. Those were just examples. And frankly, if there is no discussion of thos other items outside the one lively company board, where the most loyal are located, you proved my point.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)

Actually it's not. At least, it's not that lively and active compared to how lively and active it was just a few years ago. And it was definitely being discussed on a wide variety of non-Paizo-owned message boards for PF1 for a very long time.

Remove ads