Pathfinder 2E Release Day Second Edition Amazon Sales Rank

Porridge

Explorer
Current PF2e: Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #7,348 in Books

Yeah, and the D&D 5e players handbook is down too, at 82. Maybe this is a “low tide” time of day for RPG sales in general?

Or it could be that Coronavirus fears have been depressing sales for games that involve meeting a bunch of people face to face for several hours...

Zardnaar

Legend
Yeah, and the D&D 5e players handbook is down too, at 82. Maybe this is a “low tide” time of day for RPG sales in general?

Or it could be that Coronavirus fears have been depressing sales for games that involve meeting a bunch of people face to face for several hours...

Ding ding. I expect both to fall.

Porridge

Explorer

The corona virus fears really seem to be slamming the sales of TTRPG books across the board. In the last 5 or so days PF2 core book sales have consistently slumped into the 7000s (currently 7037).

More shockingly, the D&D 5e players handbook has dropped out of the top 100 for the first time since I started checking several months ago (currently 225).

If the corona virus sticks around for over a year, as some are suggesting, I worry about the financial sustainability of most TTRPG companies. WOTC will survive, but I don’t know about anyone else...

dave2008

Legend
The corona virus fears really seem to be slamming the sales of TTRPG books across the board. In the last 5 or so days PF2 core book sales have consistently slumped into the 7000s (currently 7037).

More shockingly, the D&D 5e players handbook has dropped out of the top 100 for the first time since I started checking several months ago (currently 225).

If the corona virus sticks around for over a year, as some are suggesting, I worry about the financial sustainability of most TTRPG companies. WOTC will survive, but I don’t know about anyone else...
I think that is the first time the PHB has been outside the top 100. With rumors that Amazon could stop deliveries it may become a large issue, but it should be temporary. Hopefully, smaller companies can make it through.

Remove ads