Rel's Faded Glory II (Thanks Old One) Final Update 7/14

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Jon Potter said:
And I can see why you decided to "steal" Old One's campaign world. It's very interesting and very unique as far as game worlds go. In terms of the real world, it does seem vaguely familiar. :D

Let me tell you an embarassing little secret, Jon: It was probably six months after I started reading Old One's Story Hour and three months after the start of my own campaign that I realized what Emor was if you spelled it backwards.

You may recall having heard a loud smacking sound in the fall of 2001. That was my hand against my forehead. It's not that I didn't realize that Emor was patterned after the Roman Empire, but I just didn't catch the little word play. Doh!

By the way, I went and checked out your story hour and I'm impressed. The bit that I read was well done and I look forward to reading more. I also skimmed the thread to see what I was getting myself in for and there is a TON of Story Hour there. That's a good thing though.

I did note that your wife is a player too. Any chance of getting her to come to NCGDII?

Last edited:

Jon Potter

First Post
Rel said:
By the way, I went and checked out your story hour and I'm impressed.

Why, thank you. It's definitely a labor of love for me, but it's always nice to hear that others enjoy my efforts. as you well know, I'm sure!

I did note that your wife is a player too. Any chance of getting her to come to NCGDII?

Not really. Someone's got to stay home and watch our daughter. I don't think that having a crazed 18-month old running around the place would be very conducive to everyone's enjoyment of Game Day.

Darklone

Rel said:
You may recall having heard a loud smacking sound in the fall of 2001. That was my hand against my forehead. It's not that I didn't realize that Emor was patterned after the Roman Empire, but I just didn't catch the little word play. Doh!

LOL! That explains THAT. :D

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Jon Potter said:
Not really. Someone's got to stay home and watch our daughter. I don't think that having a crazed 18-month old running around the place would be very conducive to everyone's enjoyment of Game Day.

Well, if you guys manage to arrange babysitting, I'd love to have her in my afternoon Orcz game. But I know that can be tough. Thankfully, my wife will be keeping track of our little "Wandering Monster" that day so I can go enjoy the Game Day.

Old One

First Post
Great Finish!

Rel -

Just back to catching up on SHs after my long pause and your's is the first one I went to (after dropping by mine for quick comment). Great final battles...great sacrifice by Raven...way to leave lots of hooks for further campaigns! It would be great to see you guys start up again...

A quick comment on Rel's use of the Faded Glory campaign world. I was amazingly flattered and humbled when he requested to use FG as a base for his own campaign. I was likewise extremely pleased to see how he customized it, swapped elements and made it live and breath. The level of detail he expanded on rivals (or surpasses) my own. Well done!

Finally, I had the opportunity to play with Rel and his crew for the one-shot Slavers module in Nov 02 while in NC on business. They were tremendously gracious, welcomed me with open arms and I had a great time. I wish I could make it down for the NC game day, but chances are slim and none ;)! If Rel is organizing, I am sure it will rock!

Great finish and I look forward to more soon...

~ Old One

PS - Jon, let me know if you would like me to give you access to my Yahoo!Groups for the Faded Glory Campaign...it has most of the history, a player's guide, table rules and other items.

PPS - Rel, I have done some work with Glynden in NWN as well...I would be interested in seeing what you have!

Jon Potter

First Post
Re: Great Finish!

Old One said:
PS - Jon, let me know if you would like me to give you access to my Yahoo!Groups for the Faded Glory Campaign...it has most of the history, a player's guide, table rules and other items.

I'd love the opportunity. Thanks for sharing!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I just thought I'd chime in here and mention that the campaign we're currently playing (being run by Speaks With Stone) is about to come to a close. Then we'll be taking a few weeks off to play some board games, maybe watch a movie or two, possibly have a baby. After that the group has decided to resume playing my Faded Glory campaign.

There will be more story hour.

Speaks With Stone is a lock to return. Either Rhys or Scar (probably Scar) will return and it is as yet undecided whether Lazarius will be back or whether that player will make an entirely new character.

My one question to you folks is whether you think I should just keep adding on to this thread or if I should start a new thread (Rel's Faded Glory III)? What do you think?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases