• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Renaming Real-World Nations...

LoneWolf23

First Post
Wow, nice to see so many responses to my thread. To answer Gez' question, I wanted to make my versions slightly different, if only to carry over the feeling that "this isn't medieval earth, it just looks an awful lot like it." Hence, instead of Albion, I'm calling Arbion. I'll probably rename Eriu and Caledonia into Eiriu and Caldoria to make them different, and I've already decided my version of Wales will be the Elven nation of Danaan.

My version of France will be called Gallaria, my Spain will be Isperio, my Italy will be the Principalities of Sciliany (pronounced Skilliany), my version of Russia will be Raskyia, my Balkans will be the Illiryans, north of the nation of Acheras, my version of Greece.*

Haven't made a final decision on my Germany or Scandinavia, but I'm leaning towartds Teutonik for the former and either Skandia or Thule for the latter.

*Oh, and I'm taking Manifest from Ghostwalk and setting it in Acheras as the city of Manifestos, build in the location of the Gateway to the Underworld, as inspired by the cosmology of Book of the Righteous.

Remove ads