• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

renau1g's Red Hand of Doom

Rhun

First Post
Zazz leads the way back to the tavern, hoping to get another ale and some rest before the speaker returned. Fighting hobgoblins was always fun...but enjoying the fruits of one's labor was equally as entertaining.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Sascha, making sure first that no one is waiting for them, makes his way back up to his solitary room to rest for the night.[sblock=r1]'Sascha' may be going to sleep, but Sohen is going to become some nondescript person (changing his clothes as well) and sneak back down to the main room to keep an eye on things. Maybe to a Gather Info check as well on what the town thinks/doing/if there any odd suspicions about the new comers. :)[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Hurrow transform into his aerial form once they leave the shop. The shifter flies about, landing on the roof of the inn eventually. He enjoys the view and nature for a while. When the goblins come, they will burn and destroy. But nature always wins, she will spring up again in time.

Walking Dad

First Post
Scavenger, Hp: 66/66, AC: 20/13/19

Although he needs no sleep,Scavenger still needs a quiet (unseen) place for his summoning.

[sblock=ooc]

Stats:

Conditions:
- Undetectable Alignment 7h
- Disguised Item

AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 19
HP: 57/57 (6 HD) Dmg Red: 4/bludgeoning and magic
Fort:+2 Refl:+4 Will:+5, warforged and undead immunities

Spells Per Day (Save DC 13 + spell level):
1st - 6/6
2nd - 6/6
3rd - 5/5[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
As you are waiting around the tavern for Norro Winston and company to return, the door opens up and a black-haired woman enters. Her face is streaked with the dust of the road. She wears a soldier's tunic of blue and white over a shirt of mail, with the stylized symbol of a golden lion over her heart. She signals for the barkeep "Ale" she rasps, adding "Send for your speaker, I have ill news" as she nearly collapses into a chair.

[sblock=Know Local DC 5]
You know that the lion is a symbol of Brindol, largest settlement in the region. This women is most likely a Lion of Brindol, a member of their armed forces.
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Zazz lounges back in his chair, kicking his feet up onto the table nonchalantly. He takes a swig of his dark ale and turns his attention to the soldier. "If it has to do with hobgoblins, specifically The Red Hand, then we already know..."

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
"It does have to do with hobgoblins. They are around here too? :):):):). The situation is much worse than we thought. My patrol and I were riding along old Rhest Trail. Five days ago we ran into a roadblock constructed, manned by hobgoblins and ogres, blocking the vale from the north. They were too strong for us and we were forced to retreat. My captain sent several of us riding to warn folks across the Vale to avoid the trail. So here I am. So what's this about a Red Hand?" she asks.

Rhun

First Post
"Apparently it is the name that the combined hobgoblin tribes of the region are now calling themselves. But the situation is worse than you know." Zazz takes another gulp of his ale. "The are are an army, at least several thousand strong, and plan to destroy the entire vale. We've been in multiple battles with them, and dealt them some setbacks. But they are still coming. The communities of the vale need to prepare for war."

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Hurrow, seeing the exhausted and hurt rider from afar, flies down and shapeshifts. Hearing her comments, the druid does his best to tend to her wounds.

[sblock=ooc]As we haven't slept yet, I'll expend as much healing as it takes.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Scavenger, Hp: 66/66, AC: 20/13/19

"Yes, yes, what a tragedy. Are we supposed to run and destroy this road block or can we get just one undisturbed night." He asks in his cold voice, somehow managing to sound annoyed.

[sblock=ooc]

Stats:

Conditions:
- Undetectable Alignment 7h
- Disguised Item

AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 19
HP: 57/57 (6 HD) Dmg Red: 4/bludgeoning and magic
Fort:+2 Refl:+4 Will:+5, warforged and undead immunities

Spells Per Day (Save DC 13 + spell level):
1st - 6/6
2nd - 6/6
3rd - 5/5[/sblock]