• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Renew/Cancel Index

The Website tvbythenumbers.com has a set of indices showing which shows are likely to be cancelled. I have no idea how accurate these are, but the results are interesting.

ABC
FlashForward: Some danger of being canceled by 5/10.
V: Likely to be renewed for 2010-11 season.

CW
Smallville: Likely to be renewed
Supernatural: Likely to be renewed

Fox:
Dollhouse: Cancelled
Fringe: Some danger of being canceled

Also of interest -- for the week ending November 15th, both Sanctuary and Stargate Universe were beaten in viewship by three different episodes of Ghost Hunters, and also by the SyFy original movie, Ice Twister. For those of you unfamiliar with that movie, it is described thusly by they SyFy channel: "When scientists mess with the weather, they get a chilly reception from some frigid funnel clouds."

So, SGU and Sanctuary couldn't beat a TV show about hunting ghosts and a movie about an angry ice tornado.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
The Website tvbythenumbers.com has a set of indices showing which shows are likely to be cancelled. I have no idea how accurate these are, but the results are interesting.

ABC
FlashForward: Some danger of being canceled by 5/10.
V: Likely to be renewed for 2010-11 season.

CW
Smallville: Likely to be renewed
Supernatural: Likely to be renewed

Fox:
Dollhouse: Cancelled
Fringe: Some danger of being canceled

Also of interest -- for the week ending November 15th, both Sanctuary and Stargate Universe were beaten in viewship by three different episodes of Ghost Hunters, and also by the SyFy original movie, Ice Twister. For those of you unfamiliar with that movie, it is described thusly by they SyFy channel: "When scientists mess with the weather, they get a chilly reception from some frigid funnel clouds."

So, SGU and Sanctuary couldn't beat a TV show about hunting ghosts and a movie about an angry ice tornado.

I was under the impression that Smallville was confirmed last year to be safe through their 10th Season.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Ghost Hunters has totally jumped the shark with the new Ghost Hunters Academy spinoff. It's classic MTV style reality TV complete with the staged conflict between annoying people all to get cheap ratings. And apparently, only attractive people under 25 can be trained to hunt ghosts...

It's absolutely pathetic and TAPS should be ashamed of themselves. They've sold out and lost any "credibility', real or imagined, they might have had with their pseudo-scientific approach.

I can't wait for the inevitable tell-all expose where someone comes out and admits to how they faked the whole thing after their 15 minutes are up and someone still wants to pull in a little cash.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
This is were the hunt for ratings make me laugh, the rating grail is the 18 to 49 year olds, yet, they put shows on Friday night, the night that that age group is out! Did they think that last weeks rating drop of SyFy could be do to New Moon being released?

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
According to the index, Glee ( my favorite new show) is likely to be renewed for the season. I hope the four motnh(!!!) hiatus and time slot change don't kill it.

coyote6

Adventurer
Love the show, but it is a bit difficult to imagine what they'd do with another season.

I wonder if all the sixth+ season talk is just misinformation to cover an apocalyptic kill-'em-all finale. If the word is that the show is coming back, nobody would expect Sam and Dean to die fighting.

OTOH, assuming they prevent the apocalypse, at least partially, they could still continue the show. Not sure how they could do it without being a bit anti-climactic, though.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I wonder if all the sixth+ season talk is just misinformation to cover an apocalyptic kill-'em-all finale. If the word is that the show is coming back, nobody would expect Sam and Dean to die fighting.

OTOH, assuming they prevent the apocalypse, at least partially, they could still continue the show. Not sure how they could do it without being a bit anti-climactic, though.

Assuming they prevent the apocalypse this season and don't drag the storyline out with a season-ending cliffhanger.

Remove ads