Pathfinder 1E Reported post: To All Who Think Pathfinder Can Challenge WotC(4148800)

Saishu_Heiki

First Post
Original post:
thecasualoblivion said:
I post this in 4E because this is where all the pro-Paizo anti 4E posters are.

WotC can destroy Pathfinder any time it wants. All it has to do is release a 3E Rules Cyclopedia, which contains:

1. Make Fighter, Paladin, and Monk fusions of both these classes and the Warblade, Crusader, and Swordsage respectively
2. Make Barbarian a fusion of itself and Crusader, using the three disciplines Stone Dragon, Tiger Claw, and Iron Heart
3. Combine Bard with the Beguiler spell list and progression with 9th level spellcasting(the simplest Bard fix)
4. Rogue and Ranger would be based on Complete Scoundrel's Daring Outlaw and Swift Hunter feats
5. Sorcerer, Wizard, Cleric only minor changes
6. Druid must use the PHB II Shapeshift variant
7. Add Duskblade, Psion, Psychic Warrior, and Warlock. Possibly add Beguiler if Bard doesn't eat it.
8. Make a spell list of the classics, spells people tend to use a lot from Spell Compendium(use the CharOp boards as a resource) while removing/nerfing problem spells and useless/unoptimal spells.
9. Remove/Combine bad feats, and give a reasonably sized list of feats that are actually optimized and generally used by characters.
10. A brief system applying 4E monster creation to 3E.
11. Clarifications on problem spots like Turn Undead and Grapple.
12. Replace level adjustment with racial feats for powerful abilities, and use the +4 total bonus standard used by 4E for races. Include a smattering of ready made exotic races, such as Drow and Tieflings.
13. Be very selective, but give a good array of appealing PrCs people actually use.

You could go on. I don't think this would be a large undertaking for WotC. It would be more compatible with existing 3.5E than what Pathfinder is doing right now, and I don't think Pathfinder could compete with the amount of non-OGL material WotC can put into this.

I think that this is very unlikely, at least as long as 4E is shiny and new(as opposed to established and invincible). I'm just saying that WotC could do something like this without breaking a sweat, and I don't think Pathfinder could compete with it.

in Thread To All Who Think Pathfinder Can Challenge WotC

Reason:
Flamebait, has no logical argument.

Assigned Moderators: (mods who got the Email)
April O'Neil, Bargle, Creideiki, d6, Darkness, Dinkeldog, Dinkeldog2, el-remmen, Eridanis, Henry, Hypersmurf, Kid Charlemagne, Pielorinho, Plane Sailing, Rel, Umbran, Xath

Remove ads