• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Request for ENworld Gygax Memorial

Geron Raveneye

Explorer
Griffith Dragonlake said:
Morrus,

As a memorial to Col Pladoh, how about collecting all of his posts (not just the Gygax Q & A) here at ENworld and put them in a sub-forum? That way future generations can find Gary's anecdotes, musings, puns, etc. all in one place? There's also quite a bit of historical gold in some of his posts that can't be found elsewhere.

So how about it?

Fully agree to this suggestion. Now that the creator of D&D is not around anymore to answer questions about his creation, it'd be a great service to save the answers he gave for future reference. It's a collection of wisdom that shouldn't get lost. :)

paradox42

First Post
Agreed, a great idea. Can it be done? The Gary Gygax Q&A threads should be easy enough to archive in whole-thread form, given that the board already has thread-archiving tools built in. Archiving all of Col_Pladoh's individual posts in other threads would probably be considerably more difficult depending on how the database is set up, but it might be possible. If nothing else, a new thread could be started and the individual posts copied over into it.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
I plan to pick up a project I tried to start years ago - putting his Q&A threads into an organized pdf. Sadly, this seems like a good time to do it. If I can get it nicely done by his birthday in July, that would work well, I think.

Also, his Q&A threads are placed in the Archive forum, where they can be easily viewed.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I can see how that would work with, say, the Q&A threads. But I can't think of a way to make it work for *all* of his posts - and, moreso, if that's the aim, a simple search for Col_Pladoh's posts would achieve the goal far more elegantly.

I have a hard time imagining a forum filled with one-post threads, each of which contains an out-of-context post of Gary's.

Perhaps it would be better if someone put together a list of interesting quotes, and a page could be made.

Remove ads