Request - Moogles?

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Anyone have homebrew stats for moogles? I have a gamer that just joined one of my online groups and asked if she could play one. Any help would be appreciated.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Just off the top of my head...

Moogle
Small Fey
Hit Dice: 1d6 (3 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 20ft (4 squares), fly 30ft (poor)
Armor Class: 13 (+1 size, +2 Dex), touch 13, flat-footed 11
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-6
Attack: Dagger -1 melee (1d3-2) or shortbow +3 ranged (1d6, x3)
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Spelldance
Special Qualities: Low-light vision
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +2
Abilities: Str 7, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 12
Skills: Bluff +5, Hide +10, Listen +4, Move Silently +6, Perform (dance) +9, Spot +4
Feats: Dodge (B), Stealthy
Environment: Temperate plains
Organization: Solitary, pair, village (20-200 plus 150% noncombatants and 1-4 4th-8th level bards or sorcerers) or troupe (3-12 plus 1 4th-8th level bard or sorcerer)
CR: 1/2
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually chaotic good
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +1

This small furry creature looks something like a white koala, with cat-like ears, butterfly wings, and an antenna on its forehead with a yellow ball of fur at the tip.

Moogles are peaceful fey creatures with a knack for magical dances. They tend to live in small villages in valleys, although they have been known to retreat to underground sanctuaries in times of trouble. They are omnivorous, but prefer berries and fruits.

Moogles stand about two feet tall and weigh 10 pounds. They speak Common and Sylvan, punctuating their sentances with variations on the word "Kupo".

Combat
Moogles are generally peaceful, preferring a tactical retreat to violence. Still, spellcasting moogles are unyielding in the defense of their villages, and moogle adventurers usually come to terms with fighting.

Spelldance (Su): Moogles train in their racial spelldance, an elaborate combination of performance and magic. A moogle can use its spelldance three times per day; when it does so, it casts a spell as a full round action in exchange for a +1 increase on the moogle's caster level, for purposes of duration, effect, and all other variables depending on caster level. In addition, moogle bards may use dance instead of song or oratory as the Perform skill for all of their bardic music abilities, and may use a somatic component in place of a verbal component for any bardic spells.

Skills: Moogles gain a +4 racial bonus on Perform (dance) checks.

Moogles as Characters
A moogle character exchanges its 1 HD of fey for its first class level, so a 1st-level moogle sorcerer has a d4 Hit Die, a +0 base attack bonus, the base save bonuses of a sorcerer, and the sorcerer's skill points and class skills.

Moogle characters possess the following racial traits.
-4 Str, +4 Dex, +2 Cha
Small size. +1 bonus to attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, -4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits 3/4 those of Medium creatures.
A moogle's base land speed is 20ft. It also has fly speed 30ft (poor manuverability)
Low-light vision
Skills: Moogles have a +4 racial bonus on Perform (dance) checks. Bluff, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Perform and Spot are always racial skills for moogles.
Racial Feats: Moogles recieve Weapon Finesse
Special Attacks: Spelldance
Automatic Languages: Common, Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Elven, Gnome, Halfling
Favored Class: Sorcerer or bard
Level Adjustment: +1

Whatdya think, sirs?
Demiurge out.

Last edited:

Solarious

Explorer
Final Fantasy cute fuzzy thing. Actually, they're too cute to be legal. They're like...

Let's see if this works...

mogli.gif

Please highlight the image to see it properly... board is doing funny things to it.

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Solarious said:
Please highlight the image to see it properly... board is doing funny things to it.

That's because you've posted a GIF and the website is interpreting "white" as "clear." If you could find a JPG image and post that it wouldn't do that.

Hmm ... lemme look at this thing ... round head, pudgy body, squinty eyes, big red nose ... OMG it's a tiny little W. C. Fields with bat wings and a deely-bobber on his head! :lol:

wiplash

First Post
o....k...? Im new here and i want to get in to some of this stuff. what do i do? And where are some of the roleplaying games that i can join?

Remove ads