• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Retry: How Can You Mess Up, Let Us Count the Ways (WotC Setting Submissions

Your Favorite Way to Mess Up

• Bad Writing

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Bad spelling

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Bad Grammar

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • The Helvetica Font in 2 Point Type

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Helvetica Font in Any Size Type (horrid font)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Celestial Half Dragon Kobold Paladin Assassins with Vorpal Swords

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Typing in Dingbats

• Typing by a Dingbat

• Atomic Powered Chevies with Fuzzy Dice

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Japanese Orcs on Unicorns (If you can\'t make fun of yourself...)

Votes: 7 20.0%

alsih2o

First Post
royally ruining your chances-

1 vivid descriptions of sexually transmitted diseases by race

2 prestige classes based on sigfreid and roy

3 omnipotent fruit salads

4 religious fueds settled with bake-offs

5 required skillset: ornithomancy

6 all new feats based on body fluid dispersal

7 designated hitter rules

8 class structure based on wigs

9 post entire entry in limerick form

10 "swords and sandals? i thought you said gourds and vandals!"

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Ignoring any of my very important tips for the contest:

My tips for all of you entering the contest:
-Before you start writing, have a glass of wine. In fact, polish off the bottle. It'll open up your creativity like nothing else.
-Don't waste time poring over your submission for nitpicky little errors. WOTC has editors who can proofread and revise for you: you're the writer, not the grammar teacher.
-Forgotten Realms is a known success. The more your entry emulates FR, the likelier it'll be to win. Overlooked Counties, for example, would be an awesome name for your submission.
-Nothing says quality like exclamation points!!!! Use lots of them! to show that you're passionate! about your setting!!!!!!
-Only squares, and Eric's Grandmother, don't like cussing. Next to an exclamation point, a really raunchy bit of profanity is the best way to show that you care about your subject.
-Remember that you don't just demonstrate creativity through your words: your choice of paper color, font, and even language can demonstrate that you're an original free-thinker.
-Everyone likes limericks.

Follow my tips, and I'm guaranteed to win!
Daniel

Henry

Autoexreginated
Ah, yes. F.A.T.A.L. as the new campaign setting. Now THERE is a WotC announcement that would take the company in a new direction...

..then again, prior to 1997, that direction was nothing new...

(I'll stop being evil now...)

EOL

First Post
WoTC will have thousands if not tens of thousands of these things to look through, so it's important that you're sticks out, not just visually (though pink paper and a nice impossible to read script font can't hurt) but to all five senses

Smell- Make sure to soak it in gasoline overnight before sending it.

Sound- Include a tape of you doing karaoke, sure it may have nothing to do with your campaign world, but who can resist Britney Spears "Opps I did it again" performed by a 250 pound male geek?

Taste- Include a candy bar, they travel well and nothing says professional like a pink, gasoline soaked paper, covered in melted chocolate.

Touch- Nothing says "professional game designer" like pink shag carpet, print your entry on that and watch the money roll in....

Talaysen

First Post
Everyone should follow these tips. These are EXACTLY the techniques I used when I got into the final ten of the ill-fated RPGA Adventure Design Contest a couple years ago. Really. You can trust me on this one.

I mean, isn't there honor among fellow entrants? ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads