• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Return to Ironstorm Mountain

EvolutionKB

First Post
Darmon

Darmon looks into the man's eyes. "Bah he's insane! Nothing will stop us on our mission." His eyes look from face to face before settling on the empty space next to him. "Not even the Hells itself," he whispers.

WarlockLord

First Post
"The powers I worship are easily more potent than any 'curse' placed upon this mountain. I fear no felons, nor curses. Come, let us deal with the task of reclaiming this place." says Zerul.

Scribbler

First Post
"Well, I'm not afraid of any curse. It really sounds like a silly superstition, but even if there's something to it, I don't think we should be worried. It's time for this to happen. We wouldn' have met here by coincidence."

cheshire_grin

First Post
-SIN- said:
The old man jumps at the word as it passes Darnon's lips, "Cursed! Aye, it's cursed.... G'won, raise your brow, smile an' laugh. Why not laugh when ye cann'e understand?", his head whipping round from face to face, reading every expression. "Law aint got naught to do with missin people, an' the shops don't break from robbers and thieves. Robbers and thieves don't kidnap and burn, and there aint no law in Tommerast, so make of that what you will!.... An' as fer lack of faith!? Pah! You think the ol' king and his troops were short on faith?... Don't be naive, lest you want to join them! It's cursed! All this land along with it! Didn'cha see the ruins, are you all as blind as you are naive?" he spits, once again pausing, allowing his feverous moment to pass.

Goren sighs. The old fearmonger isn't doing anyone any good, whatever good there is to be done here. He lifts his holy symbol from beneath his surcoat and quietly casts Light on the head of his warhammer, then stands, thrusting the shining weapon over his head, chasing the shadows from the room. The silver axe worked on his surcoat catches the light and gleams brightly, a symbol of hope in deepest extremity.

"Aye, cursed it may be," he rumbles, his deep voice hushing whatever conversations were still going on, "but curses can be broken, evil cast down, and hope restored no matter how bleak things seem. This is the promise the All-Father made to his children when he created them, and this is the promise I and my brethren give our lives to keep. I've stood down hordes of orcs and goblins, dealt with foul necromancers and worse, and here I stand, Moradin's own blade against the darkness and fear that infests this place. We may fall, but so long as the church exists and the god watches over us we cannot fail."

As his speech ends, Goren lets the warhammer fall to his side, dismissing the spell as he does so. He looks around at the bar, gauging the effect of his speech, his determined eyes daring anyone to doubt his sincerity.

[sblock=OOC]
I forgot to specify my readied spells; I'll put them at the end of each post unless you would prefer I keep them in my character sheet instead[/sblock]

[sblock=Spells Readied]
0: Detect Magic x2, Light, Resistance, Create Water
1: Bless, Divine Favor, Shield of Faith, Invest Light Protection, Protection From Evil
2: Bull's Strength, Resist Energy, Mark of Judgement, Aid
[/sblock]

Scribbler

First Post
"Our ancestors were cast out of that place, and they're now callin' on us to take it back. How else could we have all come together like this? With them guiding us, we won't fail."

Remove ads