• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Return to Keep on the Borderlands: IC

mfrench

First Post
After a few minutes of back-tracking, the trail is rediscovered.

Two other quick notes:

You can try to track by Slash, but he is by no means reliable. He might track a badger scent if you're not careful. I would not be adverse to letting him aid Risse at the front of the group to give a +2 bonus for his Scent ability, if you're interested.

I'll get some more IC knowledge about the surounding area to you in the next day or so to try and help inform some of your decisions.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Veir claps his hands animatedly although strangely still does not make a noise. He stands in a beam of sun that managed to sneak through the trees, eyes closed and a smile on his face. His smile turned into a squeek as Slash bites his foot, alerting him that the group was moving on. The dwarven druid bends over, grabs the badger by its front legs and slings it onto his back. The badger apparently did not want to be going for a ride, as he dug into the druid's back and scrambled over his head back onto the ground.

ooc: I would like for Slash to aid in tracking whenever it's allowed and useful, or do I need to just repost it when I think he should?

mfrench

First Post
After following the trail for what felt like well over a week (but couldn't have taken them more than an hour), the tracks merge into an old deer-run: a path used often by animals, barely 3 feet in width but cleared of most undergrowth. The recent snow-melt has made the ground soft, and Risse is confident that she can track them here at full speed.

OOC: The DC is much lower for this, and she can succeed on an 8 while going her normal speed.

Sorry for the long delay, I won't go that long without warning again.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Veir picks up Slash and tosses him on back, letting the badger hold on itself. Everytime Slash falls, the dwarf wags a thick finger at it and tosses it back onto his back.

Arkhandus

First Post
Rautham just tries to keep up with all the folks who're used to running, or used to the outdoors. This is rather new to him, after so many years cooped up in study. He keeps the scythe in hand, despite his complete lack of training in its use, and keeps the incantation to invoke slumber fresh in his mind.

Redclaw

First Post
Perrin continues to glide gracefully behind the others, hoping to be hard to notice in the shadows of the forest, but not putting any special effort into it.

Max

First Post
As he jogs through the forest, Kronk finds himself relaxing and feeling more at ease. The trip to town, and all those people crammed together, had really grated against his nerves. Much better being out in the country, away from crowds. His new companions look like good ones to run with and at the end of the run, Kronk is hoping to get to bash some heads!

Remove ads