• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Return to Keep on the Borderlands: IC

Redclaw

First Post
Perrin follows behind Risse, making sure to stay out of her way as far as the tracks go. He will also happily stay behind at least one other person. He keeps his bow out, but without an arrow drawn, as they run.

Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Veir watches Slash with interest only a druid could possess. The badger would stop and sniff some, then run into the brush. More than once the druid had to "persuade" the creature from digging a hole and sleeping in it. Veir trudges along as silently as his dwarven feet allow, occasionally stopping to pick a flower or a leaf.

ooc: I would imagine he would be behind slightly (maybe 10ft) and Slash would be rather variable, moving from the front (for the scent trail) to the side and rear. Basically........ random lol.

Arkhandus

First Post
Rautham, human enchanter

Rautham keeps near the back, only just ahead of the strange dwarf and his badger. As the group finally gets on the trail, Rautham takes out the scythe he carries at his back. Hopefully the blade will convince any crazy thieves not to charge at him. But the wizard doesn't look like he's really comfortable with the blade, and he's still unarmored, unimposing.

He pipes up briefly with the words "If you find the thieves, I may be able to put them asleep from a safe distance, so we may not need to fight them. Try to avoid charging in close before I try it, will you? Violence is all well and good, but a nonviolent solution is usually easiest."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
My thoughts exactly, Rautham, Maraliss says with a smile. She stays near the center of the group. She is ever vigilant to make sure she can keep everyone within view at all times so that she will be able to rush to their aid should it be required.

Max

First Post
Arkhandus said:
"If you find the thieves, I may be able to put them asleep from a safe distance, so we may not need to fight them. Try to avoid charging in close before I try it, will you? Violence is all well and good, but a nonviolent solution is usually easiest."

"You cast spells fast, I'll whack anyone you miss," says Kronk in agreement. Maybe not what you had in mind, but he's clear on the plan.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
If Veir hears what the others has said, he doesn't show it. He catches up with the group and hands each of them a flower. A sudden look of panic is easily seen upon his face and he runs as fast as his short legs can carry him into the brush. He emerges almost instantly, carrying Slash like a baby. The badger has fur on his lips, although no blood is noticable. Veir's facial expression would seem to one at a distance that he was yelling at the creature, although no sound at all was coming from him.

mfrench

First Post
Risse manages to follow the tracks for a while through the forest. In their haste to gain some of the lost distance on them, they manage to lose the trail within the first mile.

OOC: Rolled a few survival checks, failed the first one with a 12.

They will have to search again for the trail, as the train of following adventurers has no doubt obscured any tracks with their own.

WarShrike

First Post
"Sorry friends, but we're going too fast for me to keep this trail. We will either have to slow down, or guess at their destination. They have to be heading towards a village of some sort, as im sure their plan wasn't to steal the item and just run off in a random direction. Think it over while i find the trail again."

Risse finds the trail again but it takes a while (OOC: she takes 20. If we continue to track, she does so taking 10.)

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Veir tosses Slash on the ground, wiggling a stumpy finger at the creature. He points to Slash's nose, then the ground and simply nods. The badger takes off into the brush.

ooc: Seeing if Slash can pick up a scent besides our own, may help find the trail faster.

Remove ads