Space/Reach:		5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: 	Petrifying gaze
Special Qualities: 	Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision
Saves: 			Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5
Abilities: 		Str 15, Dex 8, Con 15, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 11
Skills: 		Hide +0*, Listen +7, Spot +7
Feats: 			Monkey Grip,
Environment: 		Warm deserts
Organization: 		Solitary or colony (3–6)
Challenge Rating: 	6
Treasure: 		None
Alignment: 		Always neutral
Advancement: 		7–10 HD (Medium); 11–18 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment: 	—
COMBAT
A stormborn stonewalker is a creature capable of turning its foes to stone, then crushing the inert statue to nothingness in a single strike. The stonewalker is blessed with 6 arms and thus capable of striking if each one is equipped with a weapon. A favorite tactic of the stonewalker is to wield an oversized weapon with 2 arms, another with the other two arms, and a shielding itself with its other two. A foe that slips away is prolonging its own death as stonewalkers tend to relentlessly pursue their foes, and strike at them when they are most vulnerable.

Petrifying Gaze (Su): Turn to stone permanently, range 30 feet; Fortitude DC 13 negates. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Skills: *The stormborn stonewalker’s dull coloration and its ability to remain motionless for long periods of time grant it a +4 racial bonus on Hide checks in natural settings.

Stormborn Stonewalker Traits
  • Strength +4, Constitution +4, Wisdom +2, Dexterity -2
  • Medium size.
  • A stormborn stonewalker’s base land speed is 30 feet.
  • Darkvision 60 ft., Low-light vision.
  • Petrifying Gaze: Turn to stone permanently, range 30 feet; Fortitude DC 13 negates. The save DC is Charisma-based.
  • The stormborn stonewalker’s dull coloration and its ability to remain motionless for long periods of time grant it a +4 racial bonus on Hide checks in natural settings.
  • Automatic Languages: Common
  • Favored Class: Ranger

-----------

This monster is a work in progress; it is not yet done.

Last edited:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Winter Worg

Large Magical Beast (Cold)
Code:
Hit Dice: 		7d10+28 (86 hp)
Initiative: 		+1
Speed: 			50 ft. (10 squares)
Armor Class: 		14 (+1 Dex, +4 natural, -1 size), touch 12, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: 	+7/+13
Attack: 		Bite +14 melee (2D6+10 plus 1D6 cold)
Full Attack: 		Bite +14 melee (2D6+10 plus 1D6 cold)
Space/Reach: 		5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: 	Trip
Special Qualities: 	Darkvision 60 ft., immunity to cold, low-light vision, scent, vulnerability to fire
Saves: 			Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +4
Abilities: 		Str 25, Dex 13, Con 19, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 10
Skills: 		Hide +4, Listen +6, Move Silently +6, Spot +6, Survival +2*
Feats: 			Alertness, Improved Natural Attack (Bite), Track
Environment: 		Cold plains
Organization: 		Solitary, pair, or pack (6–11)
Challenge Rating: 	7
Treasure: 		1/10 coins; 50% goods; 50% items
Alignment: 		Usually neutral evil
Advancement: 		7–12 HD (Large), 13-18 (Huge)
Level Adjustment: 	+4 (cohort)
A winter worg grows about 8 feet long and stands about 4-1/2 feet at the shoulder. It weighs about 450 pounds. Winter worgs can speak Goblin and Common. A typical winter worg has light gray to white fur.

COMBAT
Winter worgs typically hunt in packs. Their size, cunning, and formidable breath weapon allow them to hunt and kill creatures much larger than themselves. A pack usually circles an opponent, each wolf attacking in turn to exhaust it. If they’re in a hurry, regular worgs try to pin their foes.

Breath Weapon (Su): 15-foot cone, once every 1d4 rounds, damage 4d6 cold, Reflex DC 16 half. The save DC is Constitution based.

Freezing Bite (Su): A winter worg deals an extra 1d6 points of cold damage every time it bites an opponent, as if its bite were a frost weapon.

Trip (Ex): A winter wolf that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip the opponent (+8 check modifier) as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the winter wolf.

Skills: Winter wolves have a +1 racial bonus on Listen, Move Silently, and Spot checks. Winter worgs have a +2 racial bonus on Hide checks. *Their natural coloration grants them a +7 racial bonus on Hide checks in areas of snow and ice. A winter wolf has a +4 racial bonus on Survival checks when tracking by scent.

Tale of the Twin Suns Winter Worgs
Winter Worgs in a Tale of the Twin Suns campaign have the following modifications:

Code:
Initiative:	+2
Attack: 	Bite +15 melee (3D6+12 plus 1D6 cold)
Full Attack: 	Bite +15 melee (3D6+12 plus 1D6 cold)
Saves: 		Fort +11, Ref +8, Will +5
Feats: 		Alertness, [url=http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=3959477#post3959477][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Great Bite[/COLOR][/url], Improved Natural 
		Attack (Bite) x2, Track, Weapon Focus (Bite)

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Frukathka said:
This monster is a work in progress; it is not yet done.

Ah, that would explain why it's attack has been left at only +6. I saw Monkey Grip and was like hm, wonder what weapon it wielded and then didn't see one! But then I read further down and saw what I quoted and was like ah.

I have two questions, however:

a) why is warm desert the environment for stone people?

b) why are they called stormborn when they have no storm abilities? Now, I know creates are occasionally called something different based on what others perceive rather than their actually abilities [like legends say that the first of these was seen in a storm as they attacked in the midst of flashing lightning when in reality, they were afraid of the scary lightning and they attacked only to take over the shelter these people were hiding in, for example]

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Tiny little nitpick about the winter worg [and I only noticed this cause I was thinking how nasty that thing might be and was like 'why is the damage so little?'], but the bite attack should be +10 damage, not +4.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Dog Moon said:
Tiny little nitpick about the winter worg [and I only noticed this cause I was thinking how nasty that thing might be and was like 'why is the damage so little?'], but the bite attack should be +10 damage, not +4.
Thanks for pointing that out. The entry has been updated.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Dog Moon said:
I have two questions, however:

a) why is warm desert the environment for stone people?
It is from the base entry of the basilisk, which is what I am working from.

Dog Moon said:
b) why are they called stormborn when they have no storm abilities? Now, I know creates are occasionally called something different based on what others perceive rather than their actually abilities [like legends say that the first of these was seen in a storm as they attacked in the midst of flashing lightning when in reality, they were afraid of the scary lightning and they attacked only to take over the shelter these people were hiding in, for example]
I plan to include storm abilities; like I said before its a WIP.

Remove ads