Reveille's Creature Codex

Dog Moon

Adventurer
megamania said:
I still like them ;)

Me too. :)

And I guess I'll wait till you're done with the stormborn people before commenting further so I don't confuse myself or point out things you're already aware of and working on.

However, for the wolf, if the bite is the primary attack and they don't have any other attack, then their bite deals 1-1/2 str bonus for damage.

So 2d6+10+1d6 cold.

And THAT is a painful bite. Ouchie.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Dog Moon said:
However, for the wolf, if the bite is the primary attack and they don't have any other attack, then their bite deals 1-1/2 str bonus for damage.
Thanks, Dog Moon, I didn't quite realize that. Where can I find that rule?

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Frukathka said:
Thanks, Gog Moon, I didn't quite realize that. Where can I find that rule?

In the Monster Manual page 299, right column under Full Attack and then second paragraph under Natural weapons.

Dog Moon said:
And that's DOG Moon thank you very much. ;)

or MR. Dogmoon to others

I may experiment with creating from scratch. With the quad-millions of books out there I never did think I would need to but I'm curious if I could now. I created creatures for my Tyranids (40K) that were a sub-type of Fiends. They mate with ex- creature and create this new type of nasty.

Maybe I'll post some of them next.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Arboreal Elf

Medium Humanoid (Elf)
Code:
Hit Dice: 		1d8 (6 hp)
Initiative: 		+1
Speed: 			30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 		15 (+2 Dex, +3 studded leather), touch 11, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple:	+1/+2
Attack: 		Javelin +3 melee (1D6+2/x2) or Shortbow +3 ranged (1D6/x3)
Full Attack: 		Javelin +4 melee (1D6+2/x2) or Shortbow +3 ranged (1D6/x3)
Space/Reach: 		5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: 	None
Special Qualities: 	Elven traits, Brachiation, Tree Leap
Saves: 			Fort +3, Ref +2, Will –1
Abilities: 		Str 15, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 6, Wis 9, Cha 8
Skills: 		Balance +18, Climb +12, Jump +18, Listen +5, Spot +5
Feats: 			Weapon Focus (Javelin)
Environment: 		Warm forest
Organization: 		Squad (2–4), company (11–20 plus 2 3rd-level sergeants and 1 leader
			of 3rd–6th level), or band (30–100 plus 20% noncombatants plus 1 3rd 
			level sergeant per 10 adults, 5 5th-level lieutenants, and 3 7th-level
			captains)
Challenge Rating:	1/2
Treasure: 		Standard
Alignment: 		Usually chaotic neutral
Advancement: 		By character class
Level Adjustment: 	+1
Elf Traits (Ex): Arboreal elves possess the following racial traits.
  • +2 Strength, +4 Dexterity, –4 Intelligence
  • Medium size
  • An elf’s base land speed is 30 feet.
  • Immunity to sleep spells and effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
  • Low-light vision
  • Brachiation: By hanging beneath or within a canopy of trees (or similar structures with many limbs), an arboreal elf can swing hand over hand and move at a speed equal to its climb speed. It follows the rules for climbing while moving in this fashion, but the base Climb DC for brachiation is 10. The trees that the elf uses for this movement must have numerous limbs that can support its weight. Any tree that the arboreal elf can climb without causing it to bend is suitable for brachiation.
  • Tree Leap: A brachiating arboreal elf can move easily to the next tree so long as its branches are within reach. When the distance between trees exceeds twice its reach, however, the elf must make a leap of faith. An arboreal elf that succeeds on any Jump check (not just a tree leap) must immediately attempt a Balance or Climb check, as appropriate, to land in a climbing or balancing position. The DC for this check is +5 higher than normal. A failure gives the same results as a failure on the Jump check. When climbing or using the Balance skill, an arboreal elf can make a Jump check to leap to another location. If it can move at least 20 feet before leaping (without doubling back), set the DC as though it had a 20-foot running start (don’t double the DC). If the arboreal elf fails its Jump check by 5 or more, it falls as normal. If it fails by less than 5, it can attempt a DC 15 Reflex save to grab a ledge, branch, or wall 5 feet below its target location, so long as some protrusion exists there.
  • Weapon Proficiency: Arboreal elves are automatically proficient with the javelin, quarterstaff, shortbow (including composite shortbow) and the shortspear.
  • Arboreal elves gain a +15 racial bonus on Balance and Jump checks, a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks, a +6 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks and a +2 racial bonus on Search checks. An arboreal elf that merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it. An arboreal elf can always choose to Take 10 on climb checks, even if rushed or threatened
  • Automatic Languages: Common, Elven. Bonus Languages: Auran, aquan, draconic, gnoll, goblin, sylvan.
  • Favored Class: Ranger
  • Level Adjustment: +1

Tale of the Twin Suns Arboreal Elves
Arboreal Elves in a Tale of the Twin Suns campaign have the following modifications:
Code:
Hit Dice: 		1d10 (8 hp)
Initiative: 		+8
Armor Class: 		16 (+3 Dex, +3 studded leather), touch 13, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple:	+1/+2
Attack: 		Javelin +5 melee (1D6+3/x2) or Shortbow +4 ranged (1D6/x3)
Full Attack: 		Javelin +4 melee (1D6+3/x2) or Shortbow +4 ranged (1D6/x3)
Saves: 			Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0
Abilities: 		Str 15, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 6, Wis 9, Cha 8
Skills: 		Balance +20, Climb +11, Jump +20, Listen +6, +2 Search, Spot +6
Feats: 			Improved Initiative, Weapon Focus (Javelin)
Level Adjustment: 	+0

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases