D&D 5E Revisiting Mearls and Co

Nagol

Unimportant
I want to listen to that one again. Even though the mechanics they're discussing are outdated, a lot of the discussions are still relevant. Like you said, Mike Krahulik starts the podcast saying "I've never been through this 'new edition' thing. I don't understand why I need a new edition." and later on he seemed to come around.

Oddly enough I don't think I've seen a post about D&D on PA since the starter and Basic came out. I wonder if Mike and Jerry decided they'd rather stick to 4th? Either way I'd be interested in seeing what they think.

Didn't they eventually move on to other games systems? I haven't read Penny Arcade in ages but I seem to recall Warhammer or something like it and some form of card/RPG about kid scouts or something.

jadrax

Adventurer
Wow, what is that leak? I've not seen it before.

Someone leaked the Alpha version of the Player's Guide from February.

However, a better and more up to date guide to how 'expertise dice' will work is probably the NPC in the starter set who can Parry.

wedgeski

Adventurer
Didn't they eventually move on to other games systems? I haven't read Penny Arcade in ages but I seem to recall Warhammer or something like it and some form of card/RPG about kid scouts or something.
They play a massive range of games, with D&D and roleplaying being only one small part of that. I follow PA and don't recall hearing whether they've switched their campaigns to 5E...although they certainly played it at PAX, of course.

The "card/RPG [game] about kid scouts or something" is "Thornwatch", a roleplaying/card game hybrid designed by Mike Krahulik based on some of their comics. It actually looks very interesting.

Remove ads