Rhun's Greyhawk ALPHA Campaign (ToEE) - Part II - CLOSED!

Thanee

First Post
Dara

Dara steps around Trevor's bleeding body while she maneuvers herself into a flanking position opposite of Kurt. Her falchion rises again and she continues her attacks on the priest.

OOC: Move to AZ88 without provoking an AoO; Attack the Priest (Atk 30 Dmg 13, no critical; of course, when I'm not power attacking, I roll an 18... well let's not complain too much!).

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Blood and fire running everywhere, Coraine smiles madly. You may strike me down, but in so doing, you only strengthen my fellows! Come now, let us fight to our deaths! Stepping aside to flank once again while shifting his shield, the knight puts his all into it with a powerful two-handed chop!

Loosen shield, 5' step to BI83, Power Attack w/ Test of Mettle and prayer: Nat 19 (threaten!), AC 28 (hits). AC 18 fails to confirm. Damage 21 before DR. Current AC 19.

Rhun

First Post
Sorry guys...I'm still pretty swamped. Everytime I think I'm getting caught up, something else pops up. I PROMISE to get things back on track this weekend. Bear with me.

Rhun

First Post
COMBAT, round

The flaming creature again strikes at Coraine, connecting hard with the knight's head. The holy warrior stumbles back, and crashes to the ground. The demon utters a cry of delight, and spins, turning its other claw on Ragnok, but the dwarf's armor absorbs the blow.

Dara feels that it is time to finish the priest and incited by her successful attack, she puts more weight into the following strike. Too much, it seems, since her blade once more misses its mark. I should be using my spells... she thinks.

"Die, wench!" cries the evil cleric, again striking with his warhammer. This time, his aim is on, and the hammer crashes hard into Dara, blasting the breath from her.

Seeing Dara's luck fail, Kurt's grim determination sees him maintain the attack with his longsword. He thrust's the blade at the fire priest's back, but the man's armor turns the sword aside.

As the knight crashes to the ground, the only response from Ragnok is a tightening of his lips, a narrowing of his eyes and another harrowing attack with Norryjar. The creature's infernal protection reduces the ferocity of the blow but the dwarf grunts in satisfaction as more ichor flows! The demon stumbles, almost going down, but catches itself at the last moment. Ragnok is certain that one more solid hit will end the foul demon's existence.

Verdis launches yet another ball of crackling energy from his outstretched hand. It strikes the evil fire cleric hard, staggering him. Yet somehow, stubbornly, he remains standing.

Round 7 updated above.
10' x 10' area indicated in light yellow on map is covered in slick oil.

Both the demon and cleric look to be critically injured (<10% hit points).

Initiative Count
23 D (Flaming Demon) - claw vrs Coraine 24 (success), damage 9; claw vrs Ragnok 13 (failure)
19 Trevor [UNCONSCIOUS]
11 Dara - attack "P" 14 (failure)
13 P (High Priest) - warhammer vrs Dara 25 (success), damage 13
13 Kurt - longsword vrs "P" 17 (failure)
12 Coraine [On Fire, UNCONSCIOUS] - fire damage 5;
07 Ragnok - Waraxe vrs D [PA1] 28 (success), Damage 9 (19-10DR)
07 Verdis - eldritch blast [RT] vrs "P" 24 (success), damage 9

PC Status
Coraine -1/44, protection from fire (8 points)
Kurt 38/38, eagle's splendor r08/30
Dara 10/34, shield r29/30, fist of stone r7/10
Ragnok 37/49
Trevor -6/36, [UNCONSCIOUS, STABILE], stabilize=06 (success)
Verdis 27/27

[sblock=Opponent Status - Player's No Look]
High Priest -55
Fire Demon -55
Centipede -33

Coraine on fire, Round 6/7
[/sblock]

--MAP--

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Dara

Dara feels that it is time to finish the priest and incited by her successful attack, she puts more weight into the following strike. Too much, it seems, since her blade once more misses its mark. I should be using my spells... she thinks.

OOC: Attack the Priest (miss).

Boddynock

First Post
As the knight crashes to the ground, the only response from Ragnok is a tightening of his lips, a narrowing of his eyes and another harrowing attack with Norryjar. The creature's infernal protection reduces the ferocity of the blow but the dwarf grunts in satisfaction as more ichor flows!

OOC: No flank, no more Prayer, PA1 1d20+10=27, 1d10+10=19

OOC: Damn! I'm having trouble remembering his correct attack bonus. That should have been a +11. Doesn't make a difference this time but I'll need to check more carefully next time!

Last edited:

Remove ads