Rhym Katal (the Pirate haven in Erishani) Ideas?

Tony Vargas

Legend
Rhym Katal is a feature of the broken Dominion of Erishani (y'know, the one with the 'petrified' Primordial, the Golden Monolith). It's a pirate haven, a kinda significant one, harboring multiple ships at any given time, independent of the Githyanki, and led by an Eladrin named Mal. And that's prettymuch the limit of the information on it.

My group - low-Epic, with their own flying/plane-hopping pirate ship - are going to be visiting, so I'm wondering if anyone or any obscure supplement has ever fleshed out Rhym Katal, or even if there are any similar Astral-Sea-pirate resources out there that might spark ideas.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
I wonder if it might be worth looking at the githyanki-related stuff that accompanied 3.5E's Dungeon 100 and its theme of githyanki invasion?

I suspect there's also some ideas to steal from the otherwise lamentable later adventures in the Scales of War pseudo-adventure path.

(BTW, it amazes me how many cool nuggets like what you mentioned in your post are hidden in the 4E books. Pemerton's actual play posts were I first really started to take notice just how many great ideas are touched in books like Plane Above, Plane Below, Manual of the Planes etc....)

Tony Vargas

Legend
Sounds like its time to implement Mos Eisley.....
Funny coincidence, there, the first thing a player piped up with as I was starting to describe it was 'wretched hive of scum & villainy.' ;)

So, obviously, I did run this yesterday, and I'm afraid it was not wildly inspired. I described Rhym Katal as a redoubt from the Dawn War that had been destroyed by a single blast of powerful elemental force, leaving parts of it standing along side a crater complete with ejecta, then re-built into a fortified town, using whatever was to hand, so raw elements and wrecked Dawn-War siege engines and ruins of the ancient cities leveled in the conflict.

I was not terribly inspired about the inhabitants, but the group got to see that there was a diabolic presence, in spite of the fact that it's supposed to be independent of both Hell and Tu'narrath, and parlayed with the leader, Mal, who I had a little fun with as an Eladrin so atypical there was suspicion that she was something else (Oni, Rakshasa, Dragon) shapechanged. And directed them to the Lich in the mini-adventure.
It's a bit above their paygrade, but they just need to acquire a scroll he may have...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases