Rich Baker Comments on the lack of FR products in the 1st Trimester 08 Catalogue

The Sage

First Post
I would imagine there'd be tidbits in some of the various timelines included in Grand History that concentrate on those particular regions of the Realms. I'm not immediately aware of any possible updated archfiend-info to be included in the tome, however.

Though, with both Eric's and George's contributions, it's definitely possible! :D

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Sage,

I just keep waiting and waiting for Eric to drop the "other shoe" considering his Volo's Guide about Demon Cults was a highlight for me.

Razz

Banned
Banned
I'm really interested in the "Creator Races" information.

Though I do wish SOME "crunch" was in it. Like the stats to the creator races (like we got the Sarrukh in Serpent Kingdoms) in case a DM would want to base a game or needed the stats for one. Some feats, spells, and ancient prestige classes that could continue its existence in current day Realms would've been nice. Psionic material from ancient Jhaamdath, for example, would be cool. Or some ancient monsters and artifacts.

I know some of you Realms fans gripe when there's rules mechanics in Realms lore, but please remember it's a world that's as much a part of D&D as D&D as a part of the Realms. D&D is a game. Some people do play the GAME, ya know, and would like game material associated with the lore. Heck, even Power of Faerun couldn't help itself but place in two prestige classes, an epic spell, and a couple of new feats (and with good reason!).

There's nothing wrong with that. It helps ground your character into the Realms more, actually.

The Sage

First Post
Though they've never received any great or particular focus, aside from Serpent Kingdoms, the Creator Races [first mentioned by Paul Jaquays (the 'creator' of the concept) in FR5 The Savage Frontier tome] were also briefly touched on in REF3 Lords of Darkness. See also Dragons of Faerûn [in the "Wyrms of the North" section] and Powers & Pantheons as well.

Remove ads