Righteous Wrath

Starman

Adventurer
So a vet person saying they'll help with your experiment to help the kitten who isn't monitoring the experiment, and even properly aborting it or advising you that its not working, is not a good vet person.

The dishonesty is most definitely the most troubling aspect of this.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Can I say, by the way, that I appreciate you asking how she's doing?

Moxie is doing... okay.

It seems she had a bit of a Eureka Moment on her own, as she seems to be learning how to use the litterbox. I'll spare you the messy details, and just say she's not perfect, so there's still some concern about this for the long term, but there's also hope.

She's eating pretty well most of the time, but she's not back up to where she should be for weight, yet. This is not a surprise. Also unsurprisingly, she's not as active and energetic as she used to be. She has demonstrated that she can run faster and jump higher than before - she just doesn't do it as often as she used to. We're seeing signs that this is picking up as she regains her body weight, though.

There's some other good developments - when we first got her, she mewed a lot, like any kitten would. Then, even before she went to board, she had gotten pretty quiet. Well, she's vocalizing more, now, and apparently for the good, normal reasons of "I'm hungry!" and "I want attention!". She's also taken a serious liking to napping in laps, and doesn't seem to mind a good combing (which is good, as she's a long-hair, and really needs it on occasion).

So far, so good.

Arkhandus

First Post
Rooting for Moxie

Yeah, just noticed the thread, and I wish your kitten well. Glad to hear/see that at least Moxie has gotten a little better so far.

Should definitely see the technician's boss about it though. That tech shouldn't be working in any veterinary capacity or raising kittens if they can't be bothered to actually exercise some vigilance/due diligence in the process, or take responsibility for their neglect.

I'd be sorely tempted to punch 'em or at least kick 'em in the junk, but then, you seem to have indicated that the technician is a woman, and I won't hit females. So I'd probably just cuss them out in the most withering verbal assault imaginable and try to make them feel as utterly (emotionally) terrible as possible. Doing nothing has never done anyone or anything any good. Only action solves problems. Especially problems of neglect or abuse. Not always violent action, but action nonetheless.

Animals may not be 'people', but they have roughly the same capacity for emotion and certainly the same capacity for suffering as we do. Neglect and abuse are unacceptable.

Remove ads