D&D 5E Rime of the Frostmaiden Previews Include a Scroll of Tarrasque Summoning

Some D&D designers and freelancers have been sharing previews of what's inside Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden. Take a look!

When a wizard puts their brain inside a helmless horror.

spikey.jpg

David Sladek

A ring of warmth.

warm.jpg

Claudio Pozas

And this last item... perhaps the less said the better? Ouch!

tarrasque.jpg

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Where?

EDIT: Nevermind. When I first saw the post, none of the embedded images loaded. Still would be nice to have links to the sources.

Last edited:

Coroc

Hero
I first thought, wow, a Tarrasque but then I read "...hostile to all creatures ...." and tbh. I like that kind of player agency.

So basically the player gets a one shot nuclear bomb, but is strongly advised to stay out of the impact zone. It is the players choice, whether he drops that on Waterdeep, Luskan or the Frostgiant Lair.

Coroc

Hero
That Ring of Warmth looks snuggly.

Yea I love it. And I am tempted o provide a cursed version of it, a ring of snuggly critters.

The ring first appears to be and functions like a ring of warmth until you first make camp. Then your camp is swarmed by camprats (See Greyhawk MM)
who gnaw at everything and run of with items they can carry, be it your food rations, your water skins, your tent , your boots, your sleeping bag and your firewood.

To attack one of these animals a player of good or neutral alignment first has to pass a CHA save at -5 with disadvantage, because they look so cute. This save has to repeated for each attack.

:p

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases