Ring of Invisibility

Sekhmet

First Post
I'm aware of the real-life opportunities that three minutes can provide. I was a soldier, I served, and there were many times where even three minutes per day could have trivialized 'encounters".

However, that being said, Invisibility carries an already substantial downside - See Invisibility :: d20srd.org , True Seeing :: d20srd.org , and other such spells, which generally have a longer duration completely foil them. Anything worth stealing would be subject to at least one such individual with one such spell activated.

Hell, you can even make them permanent for a small EXP cost.
There are, as I recall, a small number of items that provide a continuous See Invisibility spell as well. Perhaps MiC?

A person using HiPS or other applications of the Hide skill need not fear magical detection such as these.

jefgorbach

First Post
Interesting.

IMO the primary difference between a spell cast from memory, from a wand/staff, drinking a potion, or using some other item is primarily circumstantial fluff. Therefore a Ring of Invisibility casts the indicated spell upon the receiver per the spell's standard description.

The ring's entry presumes a 3rd level caster so would have a 3-minute time limit per use; presuming a command-word. HOWEVER as others pointed out, the listed price justifies the ring being a Continuous-use item implying the unstated Activation is wearing the ring.

Remove ads