• ★★★ Average

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • ★★ Not Great

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • ★ Terrible

Votes: 8 11.1%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotten tomatoes is junk IMHO. The divergence between critics and audiences is becoming very common.
I agree 10 billion%.

But my point in bringing them up actually was they they have been leaned on HARD to rate it as stellar and instead have given it 50 percentages over several days. My point basically is that this is happening despite the dishonest biasing effect and that that is even more signifficant because of just how detached they normally are from even being a proper barometer. Even they hate it. But they cant just give it a single digit % because of who and what are attached to said franchise currently.

On a side note i didnt actually think of rey as the lead. I thought of rey and kylo as a twisted deuteragony pair.

Most people would definitely say rey though. I can see why. Way more screen time.

Rise of the Skywalker made me think...

We thought the OT was Luke's story.
We thought the PT was Anakin's story
We thought the ST was Rey's story.

It was not. The 9 films are Palpatine's story. He's clearly the lead of the whole arch : rise to power, fall, coming back, death.

Zardnaar

Legend
Is metacritic more to your liking then? There the review and user score is close together. 54 and 5.1

Without the Star Wars bonus this movie would likely be a strong contender for the golden raspberry together with Cats.

Disneys stock price has also dropped a lot in the last few days.

Metacritic is a lot better yes.

I was gonna go see RoS regardless. The only difference between a bad sw movie and a good one is how many times I go see it and do rewatches.

I'm a bit more generous than the critic scores but not a huge amount. I would rate it 60-65%.

Rise of the Skywalker made me thing...

It was not. The 9 films are Palpatine's story. He's clearly the lead of the whole arch.

That's not a bad structure, if they can make it work. IMHO if you want Palp's complete arc, though, we need the pre-prequel trilogy to set it up.

Sadly, I think the interpretation of episodes 1-6 as "The Tragedy & Redemption of Anakin Skywalker" was undermined by Episode 9 ... cause now his redemption doesn't matter. With a bit more thought they might have pulled it off, but then that would have required plotting the entire ST from the beginning, rather than improvising one movie at a time based on audience reaction.

It was not. The 9 films are Palpatine's story. He's clearly the lead of the whole arch.
Well hes certainly always been my favorite character. Actually...it really is his story (even if lucas intended it to be ani's (which he has stated before) that may have been what he thought but its not what happened).

I like pappy palps so much that if you take all characters from a given star wars movie and add together how much i like them i like the senate better.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

It was not. The 9 films are Palpatine's story. He's clearly the lead of the whole arch : rise to power, fall, coming back, death.
While that is true now, I’m sure it wasn’t the original plan.

Derren

Hero

That would require that his return was planned instead of being an act of desperation for Ep9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads