Rise of Tiamat - Intro

Skarsgard

Explorer
Ashur looks about, something was moving them into place. The messenger bird, the arrival of these two.

"Im Ashur, and we were on our way to Waterdeep when we came across a monstrosity bound by chains crafted in this forge." He shrugs. "I dare say Master Smith that your day just got a little more interesting."

Envisioner

Explorer
"Qwynneth? You met her?" Hartley asks in a tone of mild incredulity. He then turns to Ashur when he speaks. "Yes, our slightly-famous Chimera. It was Qwynn who defeated the beast; how odd that she wandered on from here, and two years later she sends a couple of agents back here to check up on me. How did she look?" he finishes to Robyn, his voice clearly tinged with anticipation.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
"You know her?" Robyn's eyes narrow. "You aren't having a "sale", are you?" he asks, unable to resist a little joke. He shrugs, "She looked fine. Reasonably calm and collected, maybe even prim. She wore a bun. Very librarianly."
He addresses Ashur, "I am Robyn and this," he indicates his companion, "is Dumos. Our journey may have been a bit adventurous, but it did not involve fighting our way here."

"Wish we could say the same," Ana says. "The chimera had chewed off one of its own heads to get free and was menacing the area."

"I'm Ana. This is Ashur and Bannor."

Envisioner

Explorer
Hartley looks bemused by Robyn's description, and seems about to respond, but when Analiese speaks, he stops, turning quizzically to her, and says after a moment's pause, "That's impossible...."

"The goat head was on the ground covered in maggots. The lion head looked like its neck had snapped. Only the dragon head was alive when we fought the beast. It was very hungry, I think." Ana says.

Envisioner

Explorer
"The enchantment specifically prohibited the creature from attacking itself; otherwise it could have just breathed fire on the collar until the metal melted. And the chains were also specifically calibrated to be so strong that the chimera couldn't break them. How could it have..." the wizard trails off in thought.

"I can only tell you what I saw," Ana says. "Though, I don't think we checked to see if there were actual bite marks on the creature's neck. Mayhap someone came along and cut it loose in a morbid manner."

Remove ads