OD&D Rob Kuntz Licenses RPG Materials For 1E & 5E

Rob Kuntz has licensed his library of RPG work -- including his original Grehawk Castle levels (from 1974) -- to Paul Stormberg's companies, TLB Games and Legends of Roleplaying.

Also available for licensing to companies interested in making 5E version of them are other materials, including Castle El Raja Key (which was a dungeon used in the OD&D playtests back in 1973-74).

Unknown.png

PRESS RELEASE

The RJK Estate recently entered into an agreement with TLB Games ( TLBGames.com ) and Legends of Role Playing ( LegendsofRolePlaying.com ) --both owned and operated by Paul Stormberg--wherein the latter acquired the rights to publish and/or develop under oversight my large library of RPG published and unpublished RPG materials for OSRIC®/1st Edition. The agreement included the right to publish/develop my original Greyhawk Castle Levels, circa 1974 that were used in the play-test of the original D&D game with my mentor and co-DM, Gary Gygax.

The RJK Estate is seeking to license these titles and many of its other RPG materials not included in the above licensing agreement, to established companies interested in producing these for 5th Edition. This would include access to Original Greyhawk Castle levels and to the first rendition of Castle El Raja Key (the second castle-dungeon used for the play-test of the original D&D game, 1973-1974), among many other published and unpublished titles.

Inquiries should be e-mailed to: rjk.estate@orange.fr

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
When Greyhawk will can be published in DM Guild by 3PPs?
Well, if Kuntz owns the rights to this material and is willing to sell them, one would think whoever buys those rights would in theory be able to use and publish said material.

Won't open up all of Greyhawk to 3pp's, just whatever bits Kuntz contributed.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I'm somewhat confused by the notation that Paul Stormberg owns TLB Games; last I heard, that was Rob's company, releasing things like his El Raja Key Archive and K1 The Sunken City. Did a change of ownership take place prior to this, or was Paul involved in TLB Games from the beginning?

Also, I previously noted that the recent release of The Game That Changed Everything had a note from Rob, calling it his "bon voyage to the role-playing game industry." Was that an indication that he's decided to step back and let Paul run things on his behalf?

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases