• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Robe of Useful Items

gnfnrf

First Post
This is a neat magic item, but one detail of it puzzles me.

One of the random items on the chart is as follows.
52-59 Pit, open (10 cubic ft.)
Now, a 10 cubic foot pit is pretty useless. It could be a trough 10 feet long but only a foot wide and a foot deep, or a narrow shaft 10 feet deep...

I think that the writers meant to say a 10x10x10 pit, but I haven't seen it in any errata or anything. Does anyone agree with me? Or is a 10 cubit foot open pit somehow what the designers intended?

For reference, full text of the robe is at

http://www.opengamingfoundation.org/srd/srdmagicitemswonderousitems.html

--
gnfnrf

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
A 10 cubic foot pit is 10 feet x 10 feet x 10 feet. That's what "cubic feet" refers to. As in "in the shape of a cube." It has 3 dimensions, and all 3 of them are 10 feet in length (height, width, and length).

Edit: Spelling

Last edited:

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
A 10 cubic foot pit is 10 feet x 10 feet x 10 feet. That's what "cubic feet" refers to. As in "in the shape of a cube." It has 3 dimensions, and all 3 of them are 10 feet in length (height, width, and length).

No, what you described is a 10 foot cube.

Gnfnrf is correct in that one cubic foot is 1x1x1 feet, and ten cubic feet is 1x1x10, or 1x2x5, or some other combination that multiplies up to ten.

It seems obvious that the intention is a ten foot cube, and the entry is in error, but ten cubic feet is, indeed, a pretty pathetic pit.

10x10x10 is a thousand cubic feet.

-Hyp.

Remove ads