Rogue Games annouces Thousand Suns™

Cathix

First Post
rogue_richard said:
Thanks, I am really excited about this myself. When James told me the idea, and said he was going to write it at the same time as he does the new edition of Fourth Millenium™, I thought he was crazy.

From what I have seen, and from what he has told me, the game is going to be fun.

This whole thing came about out of the blue, we are busy getting 1776 for layout so we can hit the GenCon release, and we are putting the last touches on a PDF card game. James then had this idea that he had to get out, and boom, Thousand Suns™ is born.

Richard

Sometimes that's how the best projects are born. :)

rogue_richard

Explorer
Cathix said:

It seems as if all of our recent projects are happening like this. While I am working on 1776, I got hit with an idea that will not go away. It is fun, but tiring sometimes. :D

Richard

JamesM

First Post
Cathix said:

Very much so.

To be fair, Thousand Suns is an idea I've had kicking around in my head for a long time. There's been a lack of non-licensed, space operatic science fiction in the RPG field for a while now and I've had the basics of an open-ended setting percolating alongside my thoughts for Fourth Millennium. Now's the time for them to come to fruition, especially as 4M becomes more and more clearly focused on a specific type of SF gaming. For me, it's a win-win situation, allowing me to make each game truly its own and not have to worry about -- and I shudder to use these words -- compromising my vision for each because I have lingering ideas for the other that just have to get out.

I hope that makes sense.

rogue_richard

Explorer
JamesM said:
Very much so.

To be fair, Thousand Suns is an idea I've had kicking around in my head for a long time. There's been a lack of non-licensed, space operatic science fiction in the RPG field for a while now and I've had the basics of an open-ended setting percolating alongside my thoughts for Fourth Millennium. Now's the time for them to come to fruition, especially as 4M becomes more and more clearly focused on a specific type of SF gaming. For me, it's a win-win situation, allowing me to make each game truly its own and not have to worry about -- and I shudder to use these words -- compromising my vision for each because I have lingering ideas for the other that just have to get out.

I hope that makes sense.

Makes sense to me. ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases