• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RolePlayingMaster features (gone "Gold") - Update/DragonStar available

Luke

Explorer
For some reason I missed posting here that RPM finally had its full release about 2 weeks ago (gone "gold"). It is no longer in beta, with those issues of the program regularly expiring.

So, there's now lots of happy people, and I'm on the path of continuous improvement.
I'm now tracking down any "small adjustments" that can be made for a minor update, and "big features" that will go into the next major update.

By all accounts, people are very happy that RPM is jam-packed with all the right features. It seems, as was pretty much the plan, that work should now focus on things like user interface.
With the hard work done on the design and capabilities, I can now do some special focus on user interface (where small tweaks can make a big difference).

A few people did experience a serious issue, and there's a "mini, interim patch" for that (along with other goodies).

I already have a bunch of good suggestions from my mailing list, but I'm keen for further good ideas. :)
It seems that people are now getting into putting their own source material into RPM, so I'm particularly starting to beef up features for easy game mechanics.
Hopefully I can release an update within a week that will be quite popular ;)

It's funny, but now that the beta is over, it seems people are starting to take a closer look at the real depth of RPM's RPG capabilities, and getting quite excited. Hopefully this will eventually translate into more good downloadable modules.

You can mail any suggestions to luke_jones@bigpond.com , or perhaps post here.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Fast Learner

First Post
Congratulations!

Congratulations, Luke. Your dedication and time commitment to RPM has simply been amazing and is clearly paying off. I salute you!

digitaldark

First Post
Congratulations on the full release! Its a great program. Looking forward to the new update to!

I do have a quick question....
RPM works perfectly on my desktop, but when I installed it on my Laptop (which is win98, P2 233mhz, 32mb ram) I get a script error and I have to close the program. I'll post the full error when I get home (i'm at work right now).... thanks ahead

Luke

Explorer
digitaldark said:
Congratulations on the full release! Its a great program. Looking forward to the new update to!

I do have a quick question....
RPM works perfectly on my desktop, but when I installed it on my Laptop (which is win98, P2 233mhz, 32mb ram) I get a script error and I have to close the program. I'll post the full error when I get home (i'm at work right now).... thanks ahead

There is a requirement for Internet Explorer v5.0, or greater. It has a better scripting environment.

A fired up RPM wants about 30Mb RAM (which shouldn't be a problem with virtual memory, possibly unless you have other apps open at the time). With 64Mb or greater, there's no issue.

Lastly, RPM likes using resources, and Win95/98/Me are not very good at handling that. Whilst RPM does has a built-in resource monitor warning system, it's conceivable that (again if other apps like Outlook are open), you had a problem even before the warning could come up...

That's about it for possible issues on a Win98 startup.

You can e-mail me at luke_jones@bigpond.com .

digitaldark

First Post
Luke said:

There is a requirement for Internet Explorer v5.0, or greater. It has a better scripting environment.

Thats probably it...cause the only progs I have on my laptop are Acrobat Reader, DM's Familiar, Tablesmith, and RPM.

I'll try updateding my IE....thanx! :)

digitaldark

First Post
Luke said:

A fired up RPM wants about 30Mb RAM (which shouldn't be a problem with virtual memory, possibly unless you have other apps open at the time). With 64Mb or greater, there's no issue.

Lastly, RPM likes using resources, and Win95/98/Me are not very good at handling that. Whilst RPM does has a built-in resource monitor warning system, it's conceivable that (again if other apps like Outlook are open), you had a problem even before the warning could come up...

That's about it for possible issues on a Win98 startup.

You can e-mail me at luke_jones@bigpond.com .

That was it...I updated my IE and everything is smooth now! Thnx!

DruidDM

First Post
Issue with Barbarian Class?

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, or even a legitimate issue, but it is worth a shot.
I just created a barbarian based on a player's character and when I finished the wizard, the barbarian's stats indicated he is currently in a 'Rage' state. The STR and CON are at a +4, and the AC is at a -2 from normal. I have set the state of the character to 'normal', but the stats are still in a 'rage' state.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the time.

Luke

Explorer
Re: Issue with Barbarian Class?

I'll check out the intiial state of Barbarians.
Just do a "ReCalculate" on it.

Regards,

Remove ads