D&D 5E Roll Up a Random Tasha's Lineage!

BookTenTiger

He / Him
With that done, I rolled up three more lineages! I decided to make each themed around the gods.

Gemcutter
Medium-Size
+2 Dexterity
Feat: Resilient
Skill Proficiency: Religion
Languages: Common and Gnomish

Gemcutters are a special line of gnomes blessed by Garl Glittergold with superior height and speed. Their holy mission is to travel the lands, seeking new sites for mining precious gems and building temples to their god. Gemcutters are usually six to seven feet tall, with lanky limbs, puckish features, and tattoos of gemstones and precious metals.

Gorogan
Medium-Size
+2 Charisma
Feat: Observant
Darkvision
Languages: Common and Orc

The Gorogan are descendants of a tribe of orcs who pledged themselves to the worship of the gods of the night. They look somewhat like orcs, with lantern-jawed faces and prominent brows, but they are distinguished by the dark black or blue hair that covers much of their bodies, and their enormous, pale eyes. Gorogans often serve as nightguards for their Orcish brethren, or scouts in places dark and dangerous.

Labyrin
Small-Size
+2 Constitution
Feat: Linguist
Skill Proficiency: Acrobatics
Languages: Common and Minotaur

Long ago, the gods tasked mortals with constructing complex labyrinths to trap enemies and monsters. The gods themselves then made the Labyrin to maintain these mazes, and to record the histories and mythologies of those trapped within. Labyrins have the appearance of humanoid geckos, with colorful smooth skin and long fingers. They are slightly regenerative, and live exceptionally long lives, climbing about their labyrinths and recording the life stories of the poor victims who wander the halls.

Longshanks the Tall
Medium-Size
+2 Intelligence
Feat: Actor
Survival Proficiency
Speaks Common and Halfling

A Human street child adopted and raised by a Halfling theatre troupe.

hopeless

Adventurer
Fey Halfling
Size (2): Small
Ability Increase (5): +2 Wisdom
Feat (2, Mind 12): Magic Initiate
Variable Trait (15): Persuasion Proficiency
Languages (16): Common and Sylvan

Raised within the Feywild these halflings serve as groundskeepers for an abandoned Temple in the Feywild called The Refuge.
The Temple is dedicated to Sehanine Moonbow and is home to the Fey Celestial Archon known as Kestra.
These halflings use to live within the world known as Exandria until a massive war forced their evacuation into the Temple grounds an undisclosed number of years ago.
They have adapted to the situation and due to the Temple shifting locations within the Feywild their former home is no longer available to them.
The majority have rebuilt their lives literally underneath the Temple itself as its quite literally the only real point of safety in the Feywild unless they risk travelling into the Shadowfell or the new world the Temple now has an opening into.
Because of the Feywild they have developed various mystical abilities relating to nature, arcane and even divine on occasion.
They are on better terms with some of the surrounding inhabitants of the Feywild, but few choose to risk that relationship given how chaotic things can get with the Temple moving every now and then.

Stattick

Explorer
Hospitalars
Small
+2 Con
Alert
Medicine Proficiency
Common & Gnomish

When the mages warred, they tore fire from the sun, and rained it down on their enemies. Their enemies retaliated, and the stars fell. In the end, civilization was in ruins, the cities of man lay ruined, and refugees fled, simply looking for a safe place to start over. Others wandered, unable to seek refuge, either broken by what they'd seen, or forever seeking loved ones that had likely died. In the power vacuum, warlords arose, little more than thugs.

Garl Glittergold transformed a number of gnomish volunteers to go out into the chaos, and provide healing where they could. They came from various background, some were clerics, some alchemists, and others had other talents that could be put to use. As the years cycled to decades and then to centuries, others joined the order of healers. In time, communities, more like bases of operation, arose to house, support, and train new hospitalars. And though still dominated by the gnomes, due to the hospitalars preferring to marry those of like mind, enough non-gnomish blood entered their breeding pool to where they can be considered a distinct line from other gnomes.

michaeljpastor

Adventurer
I created this set of Random Charts based on the Custom Lineage rules in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything. It's fun to roll up a random set of Ability Score Improvements, Feats, Skill Proficiencies, and Languages and see what kind of Lineage you think that would create. I picked Feats from the Player's Handbook, Tasha's, and Xanathar's, and I left out any Feats with Prerequisites.

Tasha’s Random Lineage

Size (1d6)
  1. Small
  2. Small
  3. Medium
  4. Medium
  5. Medium
  6. Medium

Ability Score Increase (1d6)
  1. +2 Strength
  2. +2 Dexterity
  3. +2 Constitution
  4. +2 Intelligence
  5. +2 Wisdom
  6. +2 Charisma

Feat (1d4)
  1. Roll on the Feats of the Mind Chart
  2. Roll on the Feats of the Mind Chart
  3. Roll on the Feats of the Body Chart
  4. Roll on the Feats of the Body Chart

Feats of the Mind (1d20)
  1. Actor
  2. Alert
  3. Artificer Initiate
  4. Chef
  5. Dungeon Delver
  6. Fey Touched
  7. Gunner
  8. Healer
  9. Keen Mind
  10. Linguist
  11. Lucky
  12. Magic Initiate
  13. Observant
  14. Poisoner
  15. Resilient
  16. Shadow Touched
  17. Skill Expert
  18. Skilled
  19. Telekinetic
  20. Telepathic

Feats of the Body (1d20)
  1. Athlete
  2. Charger
  3. Crossbow Expert
  4. Dual Wielder
  5. Durable
  6. Great Weapon Master
  7. Mage Slayer
  8. Martial Adept
  9. Mobile
  10. Mounted Combatant
  11. Piercer
  12. Polearm Master
  13. Savage Attacker
  14. Sentinel
  15. Sharpshooter
  16. Shield Master
  17. Slasher
  18. Tavern Brawler
  19. Tough
  20. Weapon Master

Variable Trait (1d20)
  1. Darkvision
  2. Acrobatics Proficiency
  3. Animal Handling Proficiency
  4. Arcana Proficiency
  5. Athletics Proficiency
  6. Deception Proficiency
  7. History Proficiency
  8. Insight Proficiency
  9. Intimidation Proficiency
  10. Investigation Proficiency
  11. Medicine Proficiency
  12. Nature Proficiency
  13. Perception Proficiency
  14. Performance Proficiency
  15. Persuasion Proficiency
  16. Religion Proficiency
  17. Sleight of Hand Proficiency
  18. Stealth Proficiency
  19. Survival Proficiency
  20. Darkvision

Languages: Common, and… (1d20)
  1. Abyssal
  2. Celestial
  3. Deep Speech
  4. Draconic
  5. Dwarvish
  6. Elvish
  7. Giant
  8. Gith
  9. Gnomish
  10. Goblin
  11. Halfling
  12. Infernal
  13. Minotaur
  14. Orc
  15. Primordial
  16. Sylvan
  17. Undercommon
  18. Unique Language
  19. Choose a Language
  20. Roll Twice

Alright, roll up and post your Random Lineages!
Love it love it love it

5. - Medium
4. - ASI a +2 Int
3. - ASI +1 Dex
3 - Feat Body
2. Charger
18- Proficiency - Stealth
15 Lang - Primordial

An equinox Eladrin - either Spring or Fall (choose each morning)

Spring - wind and showers

(and Mayflowers, so Pilgrim Cleric or Sorcerer)
bonus metamagic feat heighten or shape spell -
(in like a lion, out like a lamb).
flavored custom spell - Faerie Flower or Faerie Rainbow

Fall - Brushfire and smoke
(again Thanksgiving Pilgrim Cleric or Sorcerer)
(Bonus feat - chef)
flavored custom spell - Friendship

l if you make d20 list of backgrounds, my roll was 16

and for a d20 Race roll

Race - 2 (I would guess Variant Human?
(with standard human being 1)

( Do i get to roll again another table (of choice?) If variant?)

I LOVE random generation of characters.

There are no poor characters, just poor adaptions/roleplaying. Hey, if they die in session one or two, c'est la morte ?

Last edited:

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Reminds me of the old "make a random demon" tables. Just need to add tables for multiple limbs and lots of teeth/tentacle options.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Size: 3 (Medium)
Ability score: 6 (+2 Cha)
Feat type: 1 (Feats of Mind)
Feat of Mind: 19 (Telekinetic)
Language: 18 (Unique)

Interesting. Would make sense as some form of gem dragonborn, I suspect. Has the opportunity to start with +3 Cha, which is nice. +2 Cha and +1 to any mental stat is quite solid for squishier varieties of Bard or Sorcerer and not too shabby for any flavor of Warlock--especially with that bonus-action push from Telekinetic, though I'd prefer if it worked like the actual Shove action rather than just a 5' slide.

Remove ads