D&D 5E Roman Campaign needs

Hi,
New here as of today, like what I see so far.
I am looking for a source for 5e Roman Campaign, I've looked online but don't see anything I like. Is there anyone out there (here), that can lead me in the general direction? I can't see anything in the forum list, so if I have overlooked it, please direct me.

Thanks,

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
There are a few ancient world campaign settings but they focus more on the Greeks than the Romans.

When you say Romans what kind of campaign are you thinking of?

I have a group of players interested in an Army campaign, I was thinking along the borders in the Northern reaches. I like to play almost 'true to life' campaigns, very little 'magic', only things like healing salves/poultices for healing, blessings from a 'priest', and poisons for dmg.
Just looking to get them active outside of a bunch of one-shots and only one DM in the group running a campaign to have a break.

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
I have a group of players interested in an Army campaign, I was thinking along the borders in the Northern reaches. I like to play almost 'true to life' campaigns, very little 'magic', only things like healing salves/poultices for healing, blessings from a 'priest', and poisons for dmg.
Just looking to get them active outside of a bunch of one-shots and only one DM in the group running a campaign to have a break.
That sounds a lot like the ol Thyatis from Mystara. Dawn of the Emperors is on the dmsguild with POD option. That is a very old option. Thyatis was based on the Romans and they were trying to conquer Norworld? Thats an old campaign setting. Don't know if there is a more modern option.

That sounds a lot like the ol Thyatis from Mystara. Dawn of the Emperors is on the dmsguild with POD option. That is a very old option. Thyatis was based on the Romans and they were trying to conquer Norworld? Thats an old campaign setting. Don't know if there is a more modern option.

Oh, well I don't know anything about that, I'll look into it, but if it's old, it's probably not 5e. I've been playing since the early '80's and have the books, the new guys like them, but so far they are all hooked on the 5e..

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I'm not sure if there are any good sources for a Roman campaign for 5e. There is the 2e resource The Glory of Rome campaign sourcebook which might give you some ideas and can be bought off the DMsguild. I can't say how good it is though.

The pantheon of gods should be fairly simple, use the greek pantheon in the player's handbook and then switch in the roman names and then add in the unique roman gods like Janus.

I'm not sure if there are any good sources for a Roman campaign for 5e. There is the 2e resource The Glory of Rome campaign sourcebook which might give you some ideas and can be bought off the DMsguild. I can't say how good it is though.

The pantheon of gods should be fairly simple, use the greek pantheon in the player's handbook and then switch in the roman names and then add in the unique roman gods like Janus.

Yes, I found those as well, I also have some old ADnD source books, I was just looking for 5e stuff.
thanks everyone.

coolAlias

Explorer
Depending how far back you go, many metal items would have been made of bronze instead of steel. Bronze is softer, so you may want to consider some sort of equipment degradation / repair mechanic.

A quick web search for "Arms and Armor of Ancient Rome" provides some interesting information, and there are loads of historical references regarding ancient battles, tactics, politics, etc. that should get you well on your way.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases