D&D 5E Roman Campaign needs

digitalelf

Explorer
Yeah, it doesn't look like you'll find anything 5th edition specific. So you'll have to work with converting older edition stuff... Which seems to be somewhat plentiful. :)

3rd edition had two interesting settings from Green Ronin (in their Mythic Vistas line):

1. Testament (while not laser focused on Rome, it plays a BIG part of the setting). It deals with the early Roman period (BC).
2. Eternal Rome, which deals with the later period (AD). And this one IS specifically focused upon Rome.

Both books are fairly low magic.

Zardnaar

Legend
Here's a good one. Rome was a slave state, 3E priced slaves. Slaves have a go value so in 1E and B/X you can get xp for it and they are self propelled.

I'll reread Glory of Rome later see how bad it is or you could do a late Roman game where they kind of transitioned to proto-feudalism.

Had a discussion here few months ago about a hypothetical Crusades based game but it was vetoed.

BECMI was aimed at younger players so Thyatis might be a thing you can mine. I use Thyatis as a dead/remnant empire in home brew and Thyatian is Latin substitute.

Yeah, it doesn't look like you'll find anything 5th edition specific. So you'll have to work with converting older edition stuff... Which seems to be somewhat plentiful. :)

3rd edition had two interesting settings from Green Ronin (in their Mythic Vistas line):

1. Testament (while not laser focused on Rome, it plays a BIG part of the setting). It deals with the early Roman period (BC).
2. Eternal Rome, which deals with the later period (AD). And this one IS specifically focused upon Rome.

Both books are fairly low magic.

thank you!! I'll look at them.

Here's a good one. Rome was a slave state, 3E priced slaves. Slaves have a go value so in 1E and B/X you can get xp for it and they are self propelled.

I'll reread Glory of Rome later see how bad it is or you could do a late Roman game where they kind of transitioned to proto-feudalism.

Had a discussion here few months ago about a hypothetical Crusades based game but it was vetoed.

BECMI was aimed at younger players so Thyatis might be a thing you can mine. I use Thyatis as a dead/remnant empire in home brew and Thyatian is Latin substitute.

Yeah, I'm in the Glory of Rome book now, I think it'll be the best for the style of the legionaries the group wish to play.
Thanks a bunch.

Quartz

Hero
Hi,
New here as of today, like what I see so far.
I am looking for a source for 5e Roman Campaign, I've looked online but don't see anything I like. Is there anyone out there (here), that can lead me in the general direction? I can't see anything in the forum list, so if I have overlooked it, please direct me.

Thanks,

You might look into the Faded Glory story hours, which have a fantasy equivalent of Rome (Emor) and Roman Britain.

Against the Shadows IV - A Faded Glory Story Hour
Against the Shadow V - A Faded Glory Story Hour
Against the Shadows VI - A Faded Glory Story Hour
Against the Shadows VII - A Faded Glory Story Hour (Re-Updated - 5/17)

Uller

Adventurer
There is also a series of fantasy novels that has a Roman-like Empire in a fantasy setting called Stiger's Tigers. It's not bad. Kinda low-fantasy feel to it with some very D&Dish elements like dwarves and elves. Might give you some inspiration for the kinds of adventures they might have or how to work in PCs from other races.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases