• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Romans Puzzle! I have the solution! (The Puzzle that killed a campaign)

devilish

Explorer
Tuzenbach said:
I'd recommend doing a Google search for Stanley Milgram. His controversial experiments in the 60's showed that 66% of humans will kill another human for the wonderously miraculous sum of .........four dollars!

To be fair, that's $4 in 1961 dollars.
Today, that's $28 -- that's a WOTC book or 2 Deathknell packs --- nothing to sneeze at :]

Sammael

Adventurer
devilish said:
Today, that's $28 -- that's a WOTC book or 2 Deathknell packs --- nothing to sneeze at :]
Nearly 4 Deathknell packs, if you shop around a bit or purchase by case. :D

Kae'Yoss

First Post
devilish said:

I killed for less... Uh... I mean... how appaling. I'm shocked.

(edit)

I think that most wouldn't do it for the four dollars, though. It's all that hate that goes around, and what goes around, comes around. Plus a lot of people really take advantage of the fact that killing is illegal. :]

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Tuzenbach said:
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you. Must all puzzles be of the sort where an answer HAS to be ONE thing and nothing else with no variance whatsoever? What about the Kobiashi-Maru?

:)
If the puzzle is in the form "put the correct symbols in", then in all likelyhood that's already been pre-determined. The DM has a bit of paper that says what is right, and in most cases is unlikely to change that.

Of course if you're mean to say that kirks method of solving the kobiashi-maru thing was valid and applicable to this, then as far as I can work out, you're basically saying that the players should have bribed the DM to make the game easier.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads