• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Round Robin GM'ing - D&D 3.5 - Saturday 9:00a to 1:00p == 1 SLOT LEFT! ==

der_kluge

Adventurer
Round Robin GM'ing - D&D 3.5 - Saturday 9:00 AM to 1:00

Round Robin GM'ing in a nutshell:

Basically, in this game, everyone takes turns GM'ing the game. First, everyone makes a character of a random level. Second, a GM is determined randomly. Third, that GM runs the game for at least 15 minutes, and not more than 30 minutes. That is, the first GM pulls the game completely out of his butt! Totally adlib. Between 15 and 30 minutes, the current GM can pass to the next GM at any point - even in the middle of combat. Each GM picks up where the last GM left off.

Requirements: Mature players preferred. Experience with D&D 3.5 is absolutely necessary, and you must be comfortable GM'ing this ruleset.

Equipment necessary: PHB 3.5. An MM is also handy, but not required. I will supply a printout with more detailed rules (which you can take back to play Round Robin GM'ing with your own friends back home. I will also supply a timer, used to keep track of each GM's time. But if you want to run your own Round Robin GM games at Gen Con (it's addictive, trust me!), you'll want your own timer. A kitchen timer works great.

Because character level is randomly chosen (it's for the best, really), pregens are not necessary.

This game is a blast, and I'm rarely disappointed with any RR game I've ever played. It will really stretch your GM'ing and story-telling abilities.

slot 1: der_kluge
slot 2: yangnome
slot 3: Bernaise
slot 4: Queen of Spades
slot 5: Nareau
slot 6: OPEN

Last edited:

Queen_of_Spades

First Post
Do I REALLY have to bring a PHB and a MM? I mean, i coming from pretty far, with limited lugage (since im going to stay in US a few days before and after the con).

I mean, It is no big deal if the books are absolutaly necessary, but are they?

Im still planning my schedule, but sighn me up just in case

der_kluge

Adventurer
Queen_of_Spades said:
Do I REALLY have to bring a PHB and a MM? I mean, i coming from pretty far, with limited lugage (since im going to stay in US a few days before and after the con).

I mean, It is no big deal if the books are absolutaly necessary, but are they?

Im still planning my schedule, but sighn me up just in case

QoS - no, they are not. The PHB is very handy, but you can just bum a copy from someone else if you need to. The MM is definitely not needed. I'll add you.

Nareau

Explorer
I'll make sure to keep my DMing fun and adventurous this time. No more demonic flying newborn babies. :)

Nareau

Nareau

Explorer
So, quick question about this: Am I correct in assuming that all PC's are the same level (and that number is picked randomly)? Do you typically set limits on what level (ie, between 3rd and 10th)? I'd hate to have to stat up a 16th level druid on the spot...

Nareau

Remove ads