D&D 5E Roundup: Check Out These Previews from D&D Celebration

WotC's online D&D streaming event is taking place all weekend, and throughout the process they have released a few previews upcoming books.

From Fizban's Treasury of Dragons:

1.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 7.23.08 PM.png

4.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 7.22.26 PM.png

From Strixhaven: A Curriculum of Chaos:

E_5yaqKVkAUdO8G.jpeg

E_53cB6VEAgBNLB.jpeg

E_2Zz_6UYAERzIt.jpeg

E_6X-Z7VUAUHof1.jpeg

E_6F-4_VQA0jzdT.jpeg

E_7W1kPVEAMd8X1.jpeg

Last edited:

Is it troublesome and offensive if I say this looks like utter poo?

I so miss when D&D was darker and more Tolkien-inspired. Now it's Harry Potter, but as an anime.
Makes sense however, since the majority of D&D players in general either choose to play as their favorite anime character or as their idealized waifu/husbando.
Are we not yet past the one-true-way perspective? They literally just released a Ravenloft setting guide a few months ago that's as "dark" as you can get without making something R-rated. If Strixhaven isn't to your taste, COOL DON'T BUY IT. Stick with the stuff you like, make up your own setting, do whatever. It benefits no one to denigrate products just because they don't fit into your narrow aperture of preference.

Bolares

Hero
I was only 6 when the last Harry Potter book came out. I've grown up with Harry Potter being a huge thing. It's older than I am.
I was 10 when the first movie came out, and almost 11 when I read the book. That made the series even more magical to me, because I grew up with the characters (If I remember correctly the newest book to come out at the time was 4). I hoped for a letter as a kid, became a teenager with them...

Sadly the writer ruined the franchise for me as an adult :/

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I was 10 when the first movie came out, and almost 11 when I read the book. That made the series even more magical to me, because I grew up with the characters (If I remember correctly the newest book to come out at the time was 4). I hoped for a letter as a kid, became a teenager with them...

Sadly the writer ruined the franchise for me as an adult :/
I grew up with the later half of the movies, not so much the first half (I was only 6 weeks old when the first movie came out).

I also agree with the last sentence. It's sad, but I was never a huge Harry Potter fan. My younger sister is, though.

Bolares

Hero
You got to learn how to compartmentalize.
Not trying to make this thread about this topic, but it's really hard for me to do that about this particular franchise. It's a world I really loved, being created by (and giving profit to) a person with beliefs absolutelly oposite from mine, who I believe does real damage to society. I can't forget that while reading/watching the story.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases