D&D 5E Roundup: Check Out These Previews from D&D Celebration

WotC's online D&D streaming event is taking place all weekend, and throughout the process they have released a few previews upcoming books.

From Fizban's Treasury of Dragons:

1.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 7.23.08 PM.png

4.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 7.22.26 PM.png

From Strixhaven: A Curriculum of Chaos:

E_5yaqKVkAUdO8G.jpeg

E_53cB6VEAgBNLB.jpeg

E_2Zz_6UYAERzIt.jpeg

E_6X-Z7VUAUHof1.jpeg

E_6F-4_VQA0jzdT.jpeg

E_7W1kPVEAMd8X1.jpeg

Last edited:

Bird Of Play

Explorer
Challenging moderation
Not trying to make this thread about this topic, but it's really hard for me to do that about this particular franchise. It's a world I really loved, being created by (and giving profit to) a person with beliefs absolutelly oposite from mine, who I believe does real damage to society. I can't forget that while reading/watching the story.

This sounds to me like someone who maybe hasn't actually read Rowling's words on political things. Just what OTHERS claimed she said.

I've read her words. And I'm 100% agreeing with her. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised to find out she's not just a good writer but a smart person.
If this simple statement gets me banned from a forum - it's enough to prove Rowling right. I am always going to stand with whatever side is NOT banning others for disagreeing...... or sending dick pics and death threats. This is my personal take on this, but..... frankly, it's really tiring to discuss this political crap.

I advise you to read HER OWN words in HER OWN website. If, after that, you still disagree with her: don't buy her books, there's plenty of other good authors! Heck, even sell her books if you own them. Throw them in the trash if you despise literature so much when you disagree with its author.
Just..... don't burn them, because that's..... creepy.

But your use of "I believe" was very respectful. I like this. I, too, am only expressing what I believe. If only we could all have a civil discussion on things, and when we disagree, we can both agree we have different viewpoints and be on our way. You can tell me "I think your opinion is sxxt mate and you didn't understand anything", and we'd be done.
It's silencing others via threats or menaces or even simple internet bans, that I don't respect. I'd rather be insulted than muted. Don't we all feel like this?

Back on topic, I don't like this Harry Potter-y DnD setting, but I guess I'll have to checkout this new Ravenloft guide with my critic eye to see if it's true that it's very different from this style.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
If this simple statement gets me banned from a forum - it's enough to prove Rowling right. I am always going to stand with whatever side is NOT banning others for disagreeing...... or sending dick pics and death threats.
Don’t EVER challenge us to ban you with an ultimatum. You do that again, you’re out of here. I have no patience for that crap.

Also, we’re not interested in your views on Rowling’s anti-inclusive beliefs. Take them elsewhere, please.

You can leave this thread, please.

Bird Of Play

Explorer
Challenging moderation
Don’t EVER challenge us to ban you with an ultimatum. You do that again, you’re out of here. I have no patience for that crap.

Also, we’re not interested in your views on Row king’s anti-inclusive beliefs. Take them elsewhere, please.

If I have to be banned for what I believe, so be it. You call them anti-inclusive. I call them pro-women. Women don't have to include biologically intact men in their bathrooms and shower rooms.

This will be my last off topic because I am not here to discuss politics. I just feel that, if I am to be thrown out from here for what I just stated, I'll take it. I would feel unsafe in a place that does not allow me to have gender critical beliefs.

I feel like I took a bait, however. Ok then, bait taken, you found the non-believer.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
If I have to be banned for what I believe, so be it.
I warned you. Challenge accepted. If you dare me to ban you, I will.
You call them anti-inclusive. I call them pro-women. Women don't have to include biologically intact men in their bathrooms and shower rooms.
And for everybody else, transphobic speech is not welcome here.

This sounds to me like someone who maybe hasn't actually read Rowling's words on political things. Just what OTHERS claimed she said.

I've read her words. And I'm 100% agreeing with her. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised to find out she's not just a good writer but a smart person.
If this simple statement gets me banned from a forum - it's enough to prove Rowling right. I am always going to stand with whatever side is NOT banning others for disagreeing...... or sending dick pics and death threats. This is my personal take on this, but..... frankly, it's really tiring to discuss this political crap.

I advise you to read HER OWN words in HER OWN website. If, after that, you still disagree with her: don't buy her books, there's plenty of other good authors! Heck, even sell her books if you own them. Throw them in the trash if you despise literature so much when you disagree with its author.
Just..... don't burn them, because that's..... creepy.

But your use of "I believe" was very respectful. I like this. I, too, am only expressing what I believe. If only we could all have a civil discussion on things, and when we disagree, we can both agree we have different viewpoints and be on our way. You can tell me "I think your opinion is sxxt mate and you didn't understand anything", and we'd be done.
It's silencing others via threats or menaces or even simple internet bans, that I don't respect. I'd rather be insulted than muted. Don't we all feel like this?

Back on topic, I don't like this Harry Potter-y DnD setting, but I guess I'll have to checkout this new Ravenloft guide with my critic eye to see if it's true that it's very different from this style.

Strixhaven really isn't Harry Potter like it's more a University setting, it's more Porkies, American Pie Beta House, or Animal House with spells then Harry Potter.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases