• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(RP) Dangerous Legacy

Ashy

First Post
Ala stands in the bow and gazes out over the water. She is smiling and seems to be thoroughly enjoying herself...

Tor L'Tha

First Post
Rak goes aboard and sits down on some ropes looking at one of the sailors to see if the sailor reacts on his choose of sitting place. As the ship takes speed and the smell of salty water and the waves gets split by the ship Rak feels his belly moving up and down and side to side
I feel soo sick I hope i dont.... Rak bends over the ships side emptying the sor stomache.

"sorry friends it's my first time on sea" by sorprise he feels quite good after the second time of beding over the ship side. falling to sleep on the ropes he has claimed as his sitting place.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Liam tries to find an inconspicous place to perch himself where he won't be in anyone's way. He sits and watches the lake, leaning back and enjoying the weather.

Vendetta

First Post
To pass time, Jaeden begins telling a story of a young warrior who saved his town from an orc army all by himself. He had tricked them into following him into the mountains where he had placed a trap; an avalanche.

Gemble grins and bobs up and down in his seat with the thrilling story. As the story comes to a close, the horizon shows the town of Neefe not far away. There is a slight foulness on the air that smells like something rotting, festering in mud. It is not strong yet, but grows stronger as the ship docks at Neefe.

It is just after midday, probably just before 2 PM and the captain tells you that you shall be setting sail at exactly 8 am the following day "Don't be late!" He warns as his next appointment is in Enberton at noon, and it takes about 2 and a half hours to get there, plus and hour and a half to dock his ship with the port authority, clear his cargo and get it to where he needs to be... which is nearly a half hour depending on how long it takes to secure a pull cart "taxi".

He will leave at 8 whether you are there or not.

((OOC: Here is a brief except from the novel regarding Neefe. It is an unedited version from the original draft, so please don't make fun of it... though if you see a big ole error, please let me know so I don't let it slide accidentally as I have checked the first draft for surface errors, some style stuff too. To people who haven't been to Neefe, this is what you would know, generally, about the town))

Excerpt:
Neefe was a port town. It was not known for its markets but rather as a main distribution port. This was largely due to its location at the mouth of the Kalmar River, significant because the Kalmar flowed through the canyon where the dwarves made their homes.

Like the dwarves themselves, the things they produced were sturdy, dependable and could endure a lot of abuse. While the artistry of dwarven goods was second to elvish works, dwarven craftsmanship was far superior. A dwarven made weapon or tool could be passed from father to son many times over and be as strong as the day it was forged. Dwarves typically shied away from magic, but this was not the case regarding weapons. They typically used limited, practical enchantment when crafting a weapon or armor. Unlike elves who enchanted nearly everything they made, dwarves enchanted only a few of their creations. Neefe was a very important town simply because all trade with the dwarves went through it.

As skilled as they were as craftsmen, what dwarves could do with stone was simply amazing. In the days in Enberton when humans and elves came together to rebuild it, the dwarves were contacted and begged to join the effort. The dwarves flatly refused, not wanting to have any dealing with “surface dwellers.” A century earlier, the dwarves had been on the bad end of one of the many wars to rule Enber. Most of the dwarven population had still been alive and remembered well the humiliation the humans had subjected them to by assigning halflings as their overseers in their forced labors. Dwarves tend to think of other races as lazy and, when compared to a dwarf, it was an adequate evaluation. But no race was lazier in the eyes of a dwarf than a halfling. While elves tended to view halflings warmly, appreciating their laid-back, leisurely lifestyle, all a dwarf saw was a people that never did anything. Gnomes mined, humans farmed and built cities, elves, unlike halflings, at least would produce weapons and armor that even a dwarf would stand in awe of. But halflings…they didn’t do anything of value.

Dwarves have not liked humans since that time.

Despite Neefe’s relative importance, it was a run-down town that few wanted to live in. North of the small town was a large bog. Many believed the bog was haunted and possessed the trapped soul of an evil Lich who terrorized the Enber valley two thousand years earlier. The bog also had a terrible stench of rot that always made its way to the city. The stench and fear of the bog kept Neefe from becoming a city of wealth. There was a lot of money to be made in Neefe and most of the successful merchants and shipping captains got their start there. But no respectable person wanted to stay, and once they were established, moved away to one of the nearby cities… preferably Enberton.

Tor L'Tha

First Post
Rak had followed the story Jaeden was entretaining them with but more amusing was the face expresions of Gemble as the story went on and on.
As the ship docks at the port of Neefe Rak stands up on his feets and smells the town Holy what can smell like that! He looks up at the sky and sees that the wind is blowing from north and his eyes falls on the bog north of town. He turns to Sel'Tarien his closest friend of the group "Sel'Tarien you that got bettter eyes than me" "can you tell me what you see there?" he points in the bogs direcction "the smeels comes from there" "make me remeber the fish the old dwarf on the corner of your house tries to sell" he laughts a bit knowing that Sel'Tarien like to buy his fish there.

"wonder how people are doing back home...."

taitzu52

First Post
Sonrik is relieved to be back on land. After a couple of days of fretting over the possibilities of party members going overboard, he is glad to be back on solid ground. But unfortunaltey, he has a bad feeling about this town. Why does it smell like this? he wonders. "Well," he says, "we had better find a safe place to stay tonight." The young man looks around suspiciously, we're a long way from home, he thinks.

He walks up to Sel, and whispers,
Sel:[sblock]"You still have your eye's open, right? I was living in fear that I'd have to go swiming after her."[/sblock]

Ashy

First Post
Ala wrinkles her nose as they approach and as they get closer to shore she pulls the neck of her jerkin up to cover her nose. "Ack! This smell is horrible! I hope this place sells scarves!"

Knight Otu

First Post
taitzu52 said:
He walks up to Sel, and whispers,
Sel:[sblock]"You still have your eye's open, right? I was living in fear that I'd have to go swiming after her."[/sblock]

Sel'Tarien nods, and whispers back
[sblock]"I am watching her. She must still be in turmoil..."
Sel'Tarien will watch as closely over Ala as courtesy allows.[/sblock]
Sel'Tarien tries hard not to be affected by the stench as he looks around for a place to stay for the group.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Erlik had slept through much of the journey letting the rock of the ship lull him into rest as there was little else for the barbarian to do and too long on deck threatened to destabalize him. "The Hawk should fly with wings wide spread over mountain and land" hs uncle had once said to him "leave the open water for the fishes"

Finally back to land Erlik gagged on the smell and decided that he did not like this place - Neefe of the dwarfs...

Vendetta

First Post
((OOC: Sorry all... been sort of laid up with some nasty sinus colds. Thanks for replying and getting the thread going again))

((OOC: Neefe is a human town through which the dwarves trade... but it is pretty much all orchastrated by the humans who have developed trade to a point well beyond the other races.))

As you begin to get off the boat the captain calls out. "Remember, 8 in tha morn this boat sails with or without ye. We be stayin' at the Stinking Stien, an inn nearby if'n ye wish ta stay there too it might be wise. Careful now, Neefe be a bad town and not much ta see. No sense wanderin' around too much. The Stinking Stien be just up the street, and turn right past the Port Authority."

The docks are rather unimpressive for a town that is so important to shipping as Neefe. The dock where your ship has moored spills straight into a dirty street lined with buildings. Just ahead, there is a large building on the north side of the east to west street. It isn't hard to see that it is the port Authority. Strangely enough, there are almost no people on the street.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads