• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(RP) GMF Lounge

LilMissKittyn

First Post
The girl looks at the Evoker, fear flashing across her face, but she quickly replaces it with a look of mild curiousity. She ignores the obvious exemption of her title in hidden disgruntlement.

"It has been a long time since someone has addressed me by my true name; you are obviously a creature of some divination and power. Welcome, stranger. Perhaps you would like to join us?"

Last edited:

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
Cal finishes his drink. "Ahh, such melodrama I have rarely seen!" He slaps his palm on the table top, laughing and calling to the serving girl for another mug of cider. "Now, tell us why we, believing ourselves here of our own free will, have come to be pawns of fate!"

Mr_GrinReaper

First Post
"I'm Vahn, some know me as the reaper, the grin reaper, for my skill with a scythe, and my interest in the drug, Smeliousine, creating uncontrolable spasms of the jaw muscles, in otherwords, fits of smiles." I responded to the girl, "I see, your cloak is magic?"

The famed chaos evoker, even more famed than I. I was severly interested in why he had taken intrest in us. I stood, saying, "Well, look at this, we've got Xen, and I lied, I know you are an arcanist, your prowess gets around, Cal, your an enigma, never seen you before, Miss Kittyn, the same, but you, the chaos evoker, you grace us with your presance, even mighter then Xen, and Xen in turn mightier then me."

I looked at each of them in turn as I said this, and sat back down, continuing my drink, the cheep beer scalding my throat with every sip. I spoke, "The true essence of chaos, unbelieveable, of course, in your nature, you probably are being chaotic just noticing us."

I emphasized that remark with a wave of my hands, and a nod, I finished with a last quick grog of my beer, finally finishing the wreached stuff.

((Ooc: I am sorry for doing this in first person, but I've been doing it for so long, its kind of hard to change my ways now, so I hope you guys don't mind, but I'll try to do third person better....))

Last edited:

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
Taking a pull from his second mug of cider, Cal sets it down onto the table. "And now the talk turns to might, and who is more so than the other. I ask you, what is might? How can might even be gauged, when we all know the lowliest and meanest commoner can overcome the most insurmountable of odds to triumph over his foes? Or when the greatest and most powerful of angels can be brought to his knees by the simple sound of children's laughter? I tell you, might is only what we perceive it to be, and even then it is deceptive. Know in your hearts, that none are mightier than yourselves, and bend no knee to man, woman, or beast."

LilMissKittyn

First Post
Kittyn laughs, perhaps a bit too loudly, and turns to Cal, her face both knowing and curious.

"Oh, but how can you say that? So many have been crushed beneath the hand of might that should have risen, except for fate. Fate, along with the gods, takes us and twists us for their own reasons, and by their own means. Great men have died at childbirth or have been crushed, and pathetic men have reason through fate to become rulers of nations. Some souls that should have been great kings are little more than slaves at the feet of others, bound by their might. Injustice, whether we choose to recognize it in the world, still exists."

"Dear Cal, you are naive. Perhaps, however, even that is a strength. Perhaps it is nothing more than a way to pass the time. Both melodrama and philosophy seem to be hobbies of mine, and I could use a diversion."

Last edited:

Xen155

First Post
Xen looks at the Reaper. "So my reputation has gotten around. It is so... rewarding to know ones actions have spread far. My magic, despite what you have heared, is a humble and not so great a thing."
He looks at the newly revealed Cal and Kittyn.
"Well now that the tone has gotten a little less... secretive."
He waves his hand over his face and mutters a few arcane phrases, a barley notcible glow appears underneath Xens cowl for a second and then dissapears. He pulls back his hood to reveal a pale and sharp face. Xens apparent eyes are deep dark black natching his short cropped hair. As you study his face it becomes slightly transparent befor solidifing again... an illusian.
He sits down in one of the chairs and tells a waitress, "Earl Grey Tea, Hot."
[SBLOCK]
Thanks Jhon Luke.
[/sblock]

ChaosEvoker

First Post
[sblock] I believe you meant to say Jean Luc [/sblock]
"i'm afraid Cal has an excellent point. Dragons of both all colors and individual colors have fallen to but a small group of 4 adventurers. Some of the ancient and most powerful beasts have been destroyed by lesser powers who were simply clever."

The Evoker sits and says to finish his statement:

"Though I have yet to hear a story of anyone felling the legendary and mythical Great Wyrm of All Colors. If anyone has even seen such a monster recently I doubt that such a person lived to tell the tale..."

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
"Kittyn, you have made my point for me. Might has very little to do with victory. Fate is just as important as a well aimed strike or the right incantation at the right time. For the want of a nail, and all that."

He turns to Chaos Evoker. "The Wyrm of All Colors. There is a beast I've not heard spoken of in many, many years." And back to Kittyn, he smiles and says, "Fate. Perhaps this beast lives, or perhaps some strapping hero felled it, who himself died as a result of the beast's death throes, and no one lived to tell the tale. Might and Fate, enterwoven!!"

LilMissKittyn

First Post
OOC: My apologies for not reading carefully, Cal. Sleep has been lacking lately.

Kittyn nods in recognition at Xen's revealed, albeit illusioned, face, then smiles in resignation at the rest of the table. "Adventurers; always seeking another quest. I suppose that is our way, isn't it?"

"Myself, I enjoy the simple pleasures too much - though I have spent a great deal of time running. But tell me more about this Wyrm."

Last edited:

Remove ads