(RP) Transformers: Robots in Disguise!

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
OOC: Wow, I got to stop sleeping at night... I wake up every morning to a number of posts... :D

Anyhow the rolls...
Intreaction (Sense Motive); I rolled a 18 + 6 = 24
Repair, Simple; I rolled a 15 +8 = 23

Wow... I don't think I've ever used that dice before... :)

Vendetta

First Post
As Phoenix speaks with the humans and Stickshift worries about hurting one of the frail creatures, Bushido moves slightly to a point where he can gaze through a window on the southern warehouse.

Bushido:
You see the specific human unit enter the warehouse and make his way past the equipment and crates to an object mounted on the wall that your database tells you is a “telephone” where he “dials” a number. (You wonder why they call it “Dialing” since the definition of the word doesn’t seem to match the meaning. He was punching in a number code on a number pad, not “dialing” anything. Oh well… this primitive language, English) a few seconds later and you can see his mouth moving, obviously talking to someone at the other end. Is there anything you want to try to do before this fellow ends his conversation on the phone?

Jackknife:
(Interaction: Sense Motive): As friendly and cordial as Phoenix was, you still get the feeling that the "leaders" of the humans simply don't trust you. You remember Sparkplug's words earlier today in the Ark; "But, people on Earth are kind of suspicious of things they don't understand. And if there are bad versions of you running around, I'm betting most of us wont be able to tell the difference between you." You believe that these leaders, these men of responsibility, do not trust you, possibly even believe that you arrived here on Earth to simply conquer it. Their questions were specifically geared to get a handle on the offensive capabilities of the Autobots. At one point, you even felt that one particular human, a rather stout man when compared to Sparkplug (who is much more stout than his son, Spike) with odd markings on his face that your database describes to you as a Mustache, asked where the Autobots were making their home here on Earth. This one question Phoenix was not able to deflect and seemed to basically ignore it. You noted that the man realized that Phoenix were intentionally hiding this information from him but that he also tried to hide his displeasure by not forcing the matter, in hopes, presumably, that he did not let you know that he did not want the Autobots anywhere near his planet.
Worse still, you saw the use of power in this particular human as he issued an order to another who then withdrew from the situation and moved toward the southern warehouse. (Spot Check = 17 (1d20) + 6 (Senses) = 23) You notice that Bushido takes a half step back and appears to be looking into one of the “windows” of the warehouse, probably also noticing the man going in there and is now watching him at what ever he is doing. Bushido, being MUCH smaller than you, is definitely less obtrusive doing this. You would have to actually bend down to peer in the window and that would not be wise. So you give your attention back to the humans.
Through it all, you determined that there were 5 humans that had authority. Kind of awkward, you thought, but not knowing their system, you can’t judge it harshly. Still, of the five, only one seemed to have positive feelings toward you and his questions seemed to lead Phoenix to give answers that made the Autobots look good instead of trying to find out about your power.
Going now to look at Impact, you see that much of his circuitry has overloaded, causing a Positronic Personality Core shutdown, maybe even blowing it out. (That is something Ratchet would have to determine, though) But, even with the damage, there is over a mile of undamaged circuitry that could probably be used.
Impact is one of the most dangerous Decepticons. You know that when he hit you, you had gotten lucky that he was not going full speed. You doubt that even with your toughness that you could have survived his full impact. You’ve seen better Autobots than you shattered by him while his Structural Integrity booster brings him through the destruction.

“How can we contact you?” The stout man asks at the end of the question and answer session, “There is much that needs to be discussed regarding this situation. For now, we’ll forgive the issue of National Security in which you have come onto these premises without proper authorization.”

Each of you watches the man shovel a pile of manure as he brings up the “national security” thing. He knows that he couldn’t take you into custody without your allowing it and wants to avoid possibly making you angry. You can tell that “letting you go” really grates him the wrong way but that he feels he has no choice.

During the entire conversation, you feel the Nanobots going to work inside of you, repairing damage. Having utilized your forms in combat, your analysis systems have begun making improvements as well as rewriting your combat codes for more specific adjustments based on the performance of your systems. ((OOC: Your bodies have been able to identify and adapt to the new form. Each of you may level up to level 4. Make updates in the Rogues gallery and please post in the OOC thread what specific changes were made. As for the hit die roll… max it!))

hafrogman

Adventurer
Stickshift ignores the officious human for the most part, but the comment about contacting them later does spark something in his memory banks. He reaches over to tap Jackknife on the shoulder with one gigantic, metallic finger. The results noise is quite loud, despite Stickshift's attempts at subtlety.

"Wheeljack."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Jackknife: Autobot/Tracker Trailer (Soldier)

Having watched long enough Jackknife breaks in to answer the pushy human’s questions, “Good, we are quite glad to have your forgiveness… but for now it’s probably best if we contact you… What would be the best possible way to do that?”

While he waits for a reply his optical sensors look upon his team, but they focus on Bushido, wondering if he detected a threat in the area.

Vendetta

First Post
It is obvious that the stout human doesn't like Jackknife's last statement but doesn't force the point. "It seems you know Mr. Witwicky. Send any correspondence through him to me, Rear Admiral Jackson Slade." He turns to his crew and orders them back to work. To the man, they scatter and take up the individual assignments from before the Decepticon attack.

------------------------------((OOC))------------------------------​

I'm assuming the group is leaving the naval yard now. On the road back, you can talk... but at the least, everyone give me a Senses check (spot).

Kalanyr

Explorer
As they journey back Bushido will speak

"One of the humans used a communication device at the behest of the Rear Admiral, I suspect he may be having us monitored or followerd. "

Spot = 21

Vendetta

First Post
Bushido:
As you speak, you notice a flying machine that your database tells you is a Helicopter. You are not sure, but it give you an odd feeling in your circuits. You'll keep your eye on it for now.

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Stickshift follows the others back to the base, carrying Spike and Sparkplug safely inside.

"I would not be surprised if they kept an eye on us. This can't be a normal day for them, and they don't know us. In time we will prove ourselves, and they will see that we don't mean any harm."

[ooc- senses +4]

Vendetta

First Post
Phoenix:
You notice flying machine in the air that your database tells you is a helicopter. You see the helicopter turn on the same vector as you and seems to pace you and your friends from about a quarter of a mile away.

Stickshift:
Roll 5 +4 = 9. Man, those things are pretty and peaceful... the Database calls them "Trees".

Remove ads