RPG Crowdfunding News – DCC, Deadlands, Cthulhu, Zweihander, and more

This week’s collection for RPG crowdfunding projects end between February 28th through March 20th. This is a list of notable publishers getting their products out there including projects from Goodman Games, Pinnacle Entertainment, Green Ronin, Andrews McMeel Universal, 2CGaming, and more.

This week’s collection for RPG crowdfunding projects end between February 28th through March 20th. This is a list of notable publishers getting their products out there including projects from Goodman Games, Pinnacle Entertainment, Green Ronin, Andrews McMeel Universal, 2CGaming, and more.

Dungeon Crawl Classics 100- Music of the Spheres is Chaos.jpg

Dungeon Crawl Classics 100: Music of the Spheres is Chaos from Goodman Games
  • END DATE: Fri, March 11 2022 10:00 PM EST.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeon Crawl Classics
  • PROJECT TYPE: Adventure module
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $60 + S/H for the PDF and print versions of the boxed set
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? As the 100th DCC adventure, this product pulls out all of the stops. This boxed set comes with a 17” by 22” map that includes four spinning maps to offer an element of movement within the world. There’s a physical prop to allow players to manipulate the setting in-game. The 48-page adventure booklet offers new traps, monsters, and other dangers. This adventure is intended for fifth level characters and has around 20 pages worth of physical hand outs for the players. There’s a GM’s book to help with telling this tale and tracking the changes made. It’s DCC, so fun and chaos abound as your party deals with the Music of the Spheres. If you’re looking for a unique adventure, this one is likely to stand out with its spinning map idea and in-game connections. It’s worth watching one of the videos on the page to get an idea of how the map will work and if this is right for your table.

Hell on the High Plains- A Deadlands Booster Campaign.jpg

Hell on the High Plains: A Deadlands Booster Campaign from Pinnacle Entertainment Group
  • END DATE: Tue, March 1 2022 8:00 PM EST.
  • SYSTEM(S): Savage World Adventure Edition
  • PROJECT TYPE: Sourcebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $150 + S/H for the book, sets of cards, maps, pawns, and more
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? A new Deadlands setting and sourcebook, this project offers a lot of content both in-game and for your gaming table. The sourcebook is 192 pages of detailed locations including the Dakota Territory, Deadwood, Kansas, and everything between such as Colorado, Montana, and Nebraska. If you want more supernatural for your Weird Wild West adventures, this is going to fill in a lot of holes. Expect archetypes, NPCs, combat, and more. If you’re a fan of Deadlands, this is a must have.

Cthulhu Awakens Roleplaying Game.jpg

Cthulhu Awakens Roleplaying Game from Green Ronin Publishing
  • END DATE: Wed, March 23 2022 11:00 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): AGE system
  • PROJECT TYPE: Core rulebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $60 + S/H for the PDF and print versions of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? Adventures in dealing with the Mythos running on the AGE system. I’m interested in seeing how the rolls and AGE-related perks work with this setting. This version is a fresh examination of the world, treating the existing Mythos fiction as lies meant to cover the guilty and put the blame on the oppressed. This system steps away from “madness” as a drawback for encountering the Mythos, instead giving player characters “alienation” as the true knowledge of the Mythos distances them from society. If you want to play a new take on the Mythos, this is worth a look.

Zweihander Fantasy Horror RPG Starter Kit.png

Zweihander Fantasy Horror RPG Starter Set from Andrews McMeel Universal
  • END DATE: Mon, February 28 2022 12:00 PM EST.
  • SYSTEM(S): ZWEIHANDER RPG
  • PROJECT TYPE: Starter boxed set
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $33 + S/H gets you the PDF and print versions of the boxed set
  • TRY BEFORE YOU BUY: ZWEIHANDER RPG: Session Zero is free at DriveThruRPG
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? ZWEIHANDER RPG has won awards, sold many copies, and delighted many gaming tables. But that core rulebook is a heavy, large, intimidating book and may keep some from jumping in. Answering that question, this campaign gives you access to the starting rules for players, another book for GMs, a GM screen, maps, dice, and more, removing the big book in favor of easy to jump in rules and setting. If you’ve been curious about this RPG, this is a good chance to test the waters.

Epic Legacy Tome of Titans - Vol. 2.png

Epic Legacy Tome of Titans - Vol. 2 from 2CGaming
  • END DATE: Sun, March 20 2022 9:00 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $55 + S/H for PDF and print for the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? If you are a fan of 5e, this book is likely something you want, a collection of foes for characters that are 20th level and higher. Low level foes exist in abundance, but the big bads are rare, and the god-like big bads are rarer. This book gives you names, descriptions, stats, tactics, lore, and so much more. You’re not getting generic creatures, you’re getting bosses. If you need something to throw at your table, something they can’t beat easily, this is what you’re looking for.

Cyran's Magnificent Walking Marketplace.png

Cyran's Magnificent Walking Marketplace from Unlimited Realms Ltd
  • END DATE: Fri, March 18 2022 8:00 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: £18 for the PDF of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This is a new 5e sourcebook giving market-related content such as new ancestries, subclasses, and over 200 magic items. At 200 pages, this book gives you a marketplace run by a powerful wizard interested in chaos. Expect big ideas and a market that can show up where it’s fun for your campaign to have one.

ORC BORG - brutal chaos powered by MÖRK BORG.png

ORC BORG - brutal chaos powered by MÖRK BORG from Rowan, Rook and Decard
  • END DATE: Thu, March 3 2022 10:08 AM EST.
  • SYSTEM(S): MÖRK BORG
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: £15 + £5 S/H to the US for the PDF and print versions of the zine
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? You’re a MÖRK BORG orc on a doomed spaceship, live it up because you’re going to die. This standalone RPG zine comes from Grant Howitt (Spire) and ROLLINKUNZ (Fragnarok) and that, plus the engine, is a lot of the draw. You can expect a solid product that gets into the kills and chaos of spaceorcs.

Starkhollow Hall.png

Starkhollow Hall from Drowning Moon Studios
  • END DATE: Saturday, March 5 2022
  • SYSTEM(S): GUMSHOE
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $24 + S/H for the PDF and print versions of both zines
  • NOTE: This campaign is on IndieGoGo
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This RPG is an investigative, gothic horror option allowing your characters to explore their haunted school. This project is inspired by Crimson Peak, Penny Dreadful, and The Haunting of Bly Manor. I just wrote a three-part series about turning Kolchak: The Night Stalker into a GUMSHOE RPG, so I’m eager to see a fresh third-party RPG that uses GUMSHOE. The fact that this one is on IndieGoGo is also of interest, I’m eager to see how it does. If you’re a fan of haunted schools, this is worth investigating.
Egg Embry participates in the OneBookShelf Affiliate Program, Noble Knight Games’ Affiliate Program, and is an Amazon Associate. These programs provide advertising fees by linking to DriveThruRPG, Noble Knight Games, and Amazon.

Egg Embry

Egg Embry

Sonny

Adventurer
I'm backing the DCC module. Those DCC mega modules box sets are always a good get.

I'm split on Zweihander. I own the main book and the Main Gauche expansion, so I'm not sure what good the start set is for me, though I love me a box set. That, and it's, essentially, a WFRP 2e clone without all the goodness of the Old World license. So I'm taking a wait and see approach on what extras we get.
For Zwiehander, they're cleaning up the presentation and clarifying, or in a some cases, updating the rules. There's also a few new professions/spells/creatures in the box set.

There's a Session Zero PDF that has the introduction and character creation rules from the starter set to download and get an idea how useful it may be to you.

Retreater

Legend
For Zwiehander, they're cleaning up the presentation and clarifying, or in a some cases, updating the rules. There's also a few new professions/spells/creatures in the box set.

There's a Session Zero PDF that has the introduction and character creation rules from the starter set to download and get an idea how useful it may be to you.
Having that easier introduction is what pushed me over the edge to back it. I've seen the book for years but was too intimidated to buy it.

Retreater

Legend
Not sure how I feel about Zweihander blatantly appropriated my religious iconography but good for them??
I haven't seen much of the art, so I guess I missed that. Tried Google too, but my research failed. Would you be able to elaborate? This is something I'm not cool with, if it's using real world religions, for instance.

teitan

Legend
I haven't seen much of the art, so I guess I missed that. Tried Google too, but my research failed. Would you be able to elaborate? This is something I'm not cool with, if it's using real world religions, for instance.
It’s right there on the cover. The Unicursal Hexagram, particularly the line work, is a direct lift from Aleister Crowley, the founder of the spiritual system called Thelema.

but it’s not real world religions that bother me because people practice pagan religions and modern religions are fair game, even with criticism as a prevalent factor of it. It’s caricature and misportrayal that bothers me.

One of the notable things about the Cthulhu Awakens Kickstarter is that Green Ronin will be making the game available on Roll20 right from the get-go. As much as I love Call of Cthulhu 7e, Chaosium was very slow in bringing the game to the VTT space. As a Keeper of two CoC gaming groups on Roll20 I can attest to the fact that the official CoC character sheet is still riddled with bugs that have been reported but still not fixed. I applaud Green Ronin for their efforts to bring their games to the VTT space as a priority rather than an afterthought, which is one of the reasons I'm backing Cthulhu Awakens.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I'm backing the DCC module. Those DCC mega modules box sets are always a good get.

I'm split on Zweihander. I own the main book and the Main Gauche expansion, so I'm not sure what good the start set is for me, though I love me a box set. That, and it's, essentially, a WFRP 2e clone without all the goodness of the Old World license. So I'm taking a wait and see approach on what extras we get.
Big fan of Zweilhander and backed the project. I wished they had created a world book for it, not just a port in this project. As far as my personal game I play in the Witcher world using the world book for the video game,

Remove ads

Remove ads